Artscape 2017 music schedule
Lifestyle Retro Baltimore

Now-and-then pictures: Old St. Paul's Episcopal Church

THEN: Old St. Paul's Episcopal Church, on the southeast corner of Charles and Saratoga streets, is shown here in 1931 after its bricks had been cleaned of paint. This church building, home to Baltimore's oldest congregation, opened Jan. 10 1856 after a fire destroyed an earlier building. It was designed by architect Richard Upjohn, an architect who practiced in New York. A. Aubrey Bodine, Baltimore Sun, 1931)

NOW: Today, Old St. Paul's Episcopal Church at 233 N. Charles St. is surrounded by high-rise buildings but still has an active congregation. (Jerry Jackson, Baltimore Sun, 2017)

Click here to see more Retro Baltimore now-and-then photos.

Copyright © 2017, The Baltimore Sun
86°