Makes 15 servings
3 slices bread, made into fine crumbs
1 teaspoon dry mustard
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 cup mayonnaise, plus an additional 3-4 tablespoons (optional)
1 small onion, diced
1 1/2 green peppers, chopped
3 eggs, beaten
3 pounds jumbo lump crab meat
2 egg whites (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Put crumbs over crabmeat in a large bowl.
3. Saute onion and peppers until soft.
4. Beat eggs, dry mustard, salt and pepper, mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce.
5. Grease 13x9 baking dish.
6. Add crab to baking dish. Pour egg mixture over crab and sprinkle onion and peppers evenly over the top.
7. Bake for 40 minutes.
8. If desired, beat two egg whites with three to four tablespoons of mayonnaise, spread on top of casserole and bake for two more minutes.