Woodbrook-Murray Hill Garden Club member Annette Nagel first tried this mousse at a fundraising event in Oxford, Md., where she proclaimed it "divine" and convinced the event planners to give her the recipe. This recipe was reprinted with permission from "The First 50 Years: a Collection of Recipes," a cookbook published by the Woodbrook-Murray Hill Garden Club.
Crackers for serving
1 pound crab meat (lump or backfin), cleaned
Curry powder to taste
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup finely chopped celery
1 tablespoon grated onion
1 tablespoon gelatin, softened in 3 tablespoons water
1 can cream of mushroom soup
8 ounces cream cheese
1. Heat soup and cream cheese.
2. Beat soup and cream cheese mixture with a mixer and add gelatin.
3. Mix in remaining ingredients, gently adding crab.
4. Put in a 1 quart greased mold (such as a bombe mold or fish mold).
5. Chill until set.
6. Unmold for serving with crackers.Copyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun