Still, when everything comes together — the right location, delicious food, music and so on — there's magic in the making.
5 tips on rental etiquette
If you want to host a soiree or special event that's out of the ordinary, a private home rental may be a viable option for you. Consider the following tips.
1. Experts say the first step is checking out a vacation rental property's company website. Look at photos with descriptions of the property, location, availability, etc. If you're nearby, ask if a site tour is an option. It's a good idea to read the reviews, too.
2. Typically, the next step is signing a formal agreement that confirms details of the rental arrangement. Be sure to read the fine print. For instance, some web sites that feature luxury properties may specifically say 'yes' or 'no' to hosting special events such as weddings.
3. Payments are typically made by credit card or services such as PayPal. Although each situation varies, experts urge caution if someone requests that you send cash or wire them money for payments.
4. Cancellation policies may vary, so rental insurance may be a good idea. Once again, read the fine print.
5. Remember to treat the home you rent with respect. There's typically a post-rental inspection to check for any damages that may occur during a reservation, and you could be held liable.
Sources: Sky Blue Events, Taylor Made Deep Creek Vacations, HomeAway.com
For more information