Men's Health names Michael Phelps 'Fittest of All Time'
Fitness GOAT ( Photo by Paul Gilham/Getty Images / October 16, 2012)
- Michael Phelps' 40 favorite things [Pictures]
- Michael Phelps and gal pal Megan Rossee [Pictures]
- Michael Phelps' weekend travels [Pictures]
- Michael Phelps [Pictures]
- Michael Phelps' return to the pool [Pictures]
- Michael Phelps away from the pool [Pictures]
See more photos »
- VIDEO: Olympics 2012: Michael Phelps in London
There are folks on the list like the incredibly hunky Daniel Craig, the inspiring Oscar Pistorius, even Charles Atlas, who pretty much made physique a thing.
Let's put it this way: Ray Lewis only made the list at No. 100.
And Phelps topped them all.
Men's Health defined fitness like this: It "isn’t just about abs and muscle tone and obscure measurements like V02 Max — but that’s all part of it," they wrote. "Fitness is also about what you do with the body you’ve built."
They said that smashing records is part of it, but not all of it. Same thing for winning championships, prizes, medals and all that.
Doing the math, the magazine concluded it all came down to one man who's known for looking pretty good wet.
Phelps told the magazine a bit about his peak workouts -- and it sounds like he more than earned the title.
"I was doing 10 workouts a week in the pool, three weight workouts plus three core workouts," he said. "It was totally intense.”
@BaltInsider on Twitter