Test your knowledge of Academy Award history.
1. When did the Academy Awards begin?
2. Of what material is the Oscar statuette made?
A. Solid bronze
D. Gold-plated britannium
3. Which film won the best picture award in 2001?
B. "Erin Brockovich"
D. "Almost Famous"
4. Which award category has been added this year?
A. Best Comedy Feature
B. Best Performance by a Minor
C. Best Animated Feature
D. Best Title Design
5. Which of the following has not hosted the Academy Awards?
A. Alan Alda
B. Goldie Hawn
C. Johnny Carson
D. None of the above
6. How many Academy Awards did "The Godfather" receive?
7. How many times has Bob Hope hosted the Academy Awards?
8. Who hosted the Academy Awards from 1969-1971?
A. Bob Hope
B. Jack Lemmon
C. Frank Sinatra
D. No one
9. Which film won the award for best cinematography in 1992?
A. "Howard's End"
B. "The Lover"
C. "A River Runs Through It"
10. Who won the Best Director award in 1980?
A. Robert Redford
B. David Lynch
C. Roman Polanski
D. Martin Scorsese
The Baltimore Sun, 501 N. Calvert Street, P.O. Box 1377, Baltimore, MD 21278