It doesn't matter if you've been naughty or nice, just take this quiz and check it twice.
1. What is Santa Claus' name in Italy?
A. Pere Noel
C. Babbo Natale
D. Ded Moroz
2. Which holiday is known as the Festival of Lights?
B. Winter solstice
C. St. Lucia Day
3. Jim sold his watch so that he could buy Della what in "The Gift of the Magi?"
A. Set of combs
B. Diamond ring
4. In what year was Kwanzaa founded?
5. Who sings "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer?"
A. Elmo & Patsy
B. Adam Sandler
C. Al Yankovic
6. What is the name of The Grinch's dog?
7. Why can't Ralphie have a Red Ryder BB gun in "A Christmas Story?"
A. He'll shoot his eye out.
B. Randy would be jealous.
C. It's too expensive.
D. He's getting a decoder ring instead.
8. In "Christmas Vacation," what does Clark receive in place of his Christmas bonus?
A. A promotion
B. An invitation to the holiday party
C. A knitted sweater
D. Enrollment in the "Jelly of the Month" club
9. Who directed "Home for the Holidays?"
A. John Hughes
B. Holly Hunter
C. Jodie Foster
D. Ron Howard
10. What year were electric tree lights introduced as an alternative to candles?
11. What do The Chipmunks want for Christmas?
A. Red Ryder BB gun
B. Recording contract
C. Two front teeth
D. Lots of nuts
12. Which character does Kevin Pollack play in "The Santa Clause 2?"
A. Santa Claus
B. Father Time
C. Tooth Fairy
13. Who wrote "The Nutcracker?"
A. E.T.A. Hoffmann
B. J.R.R. Tolkein
C. Maurice Sendak
D. A.A. Milne
14. In what department store did David Sedaris work as an elf in "SantaLand Diaries?"
C. Lord & Taylor
15. According to Dutch tradition, how does Sinterklaas deliver gifts?
A. He delivers by horse-drawn carriage.
B. He rides in a sleigh and flies to all the houses.
C. He sends out a UPS truck on Christmas Eve.
D. He travels by ship on Dec. 6th.
16. How many ghosts are there in "A Christmas Carol?"
17. Which of the following is not a principle of Kwanzaa?
18. Which reindeer is not mentioned in the poem "The Night Before Christmas?"
19. For how many characters does Adam Sandler provide the voice in "8 Crazy Nights?"
20. Instead of putting out cookies and milk for Santa, what do German children do?
A. Leave out shoes to be filled with candy
B. Leave a present under the tree for Santa
C. Put out carrots for the reindeers
D. Write a thank you note to Santa for the gifts
Copyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun
The Baltimore Sun, 501 N. Calvert Street, P.O. Box 1377, Baltimore, MD 21278