By Andrew Conrad, firstname.lastname@example.org
2:44 PM EDT, May 9, 2012
Although the start of the county tennis tournament has been delayed a second time — until Thursday, May 10 at 2:45 PM at the Wilde Lake Tennis Club — fans can prepare for the tournament by checking out the seeds below.
River Hill, the defending Howard County Cup champion, has five top-four seeds, including No. 1 seeds in boys and girls doubles. The Hawks have won the last four Howard County Cups, awarded to the team that scores the most points between its boys and girls at the county tournament, and eight of the last nine.
Atholton, the 2007 County Cup winner, has four top-four seeds, including freshman Victoria Kogan as the top seed in girls singles and three more No. 2 seeds. The Raiders were only half-a-point behind River Hill in last year's County Cup race.
The Atholton girls clinched their first county team title since 2006 with a win on Monday, while the Howard and River Hill boys are tied atop the team standings with one loss each.
As of Wednesday, the tournament was still scheduled to conclude on Saturday afternoon.
1. Biyik Akinshemoyin, Reservoir
2. Scott Lee, Atholton
3. Nick Zhu, River Hill
4. Chase Weinberg, Centennial
1. Victoria Kogan, Atholton
2. Melissa Barall, Wilde Lake
3. Annie Evaldsson, Reservoir
4. Kiera Hanrahan, River Hill
1. Jimmy Zhan and Oliver Zhao, River Hill
2. Zach Kim and Charles Mao, Atholton
3. Seth Hoesman and Andrew Pagan, Howard
4. Collin Chase and Evan Chase, Mt. Hebron
1. Annu Challa and Ariana Dial, River Hill
2. Margaret Tatum and Rachel Knobel, Atholton
3. Sahini Pothireddy and Serene Mathew, Mt. Hebron
4. Isabel Yu and Megan Mishra, Centennial
1. Brooks Chilcoat and Nicole Leaf, Marriotts Ridge
2. Benny Nuger and Mallory Baldwin, Mt. Hebron
3. David Gerry and Hannah Chun, River Hill
4. Kyle Shope and Emma Hoesman, Howard