By Jennifer Broadwater, The Baltimore Sun Media Group
10:47 AM EDT, May 23, 2013
Jumbo Lump Crab Cake
• 4 pounds fresh jumbo lump crabmeat
• Approximately 35 finely ground Saltine crackers
• 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
• 3-4 eggs, beaten
• 1 cup heavy mayonnaise
• 2 Tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
• 1 1/2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 2 Tablespoons Gulden’s mustard
1. Toss crabmeat, crackers and parsley.
2. Whisk the rest of the ingredients until thoroughly blended, and gently fold into crabmeat mixture.
3. Form into individual cakes.
4. Bake at 400 degrees, until the crab cakes are golden brown, about 10-15 minutes.
5. Makes approximately 12 crab cakes.
Roasted Red Pepper Coulis
• 2 Tablespoons olive oil
• 1 pound roasted red peppers
• 1/2 onion, chopped
• 1 clove garlic, chopped
• 1/2 cup dry white wine
• 1 quart heavy cream
• salt and pepper
1. Heat olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
2. Add sliced roasted red pepper, onion and garlic, and sauté until tender.
3. Add the wine, and simmer gently over low heat.
4. Remove pot from heat, and transfer mixture to a food processor and purée.
5. Return purée to the skillet, and stir in cream, season with salt and pepper, and simmer on very low heat to reduce.
6. Serve hot.
Fried Green Tomatoes
• 4 green tomatoes, sliced
• 2 cups flour
• 2 cups corn muffin mix
• dash of salt, pepper and red pepper
• Egg wash (5 eggs, 1 cup heavy cream,
1 cup milk, 1/4 cup Texas Pete hot sauce)
• Panko bread crumbs
1. Slice green tomatoes.
2. Dredge in 50/50 flour and corn muffin mix with dashes of salt, pepper and red pepper.
3. Coat in egg wash of eggs, heavy cream, milk and hot sauce.
4. Bread with panko crumbs, and layer between pieces of parchment paper.
5. Fry until golden brown.
Fresh Squeezed Lemon Drop Martini
• 2 ounces fresh-squeezed lemon juice
• 2 ounces Absolut Citron
• Dash of sugar
Mix ingredients, and serve in a sugar-rimmed glass. Garnish with lemon wedge.
About the culinary team
The culinary team at Coho Grill includes general manager Ellie Ennis and chefs Todd Campagna and Will Villatoro.
About Coho Grill
11130 Willow Bottom Drive
Copyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun