5. According to the research group Wine Intelligence, the first thing that came to most Americans' minds when they heard the word "chianti" was "spaghetti western."
6. It has been discovered that the majority of Australia's albarino vines are actually…
a. Sauvignon Blanc
b. Pinot Blanc
7. The eruption of Mt. Vesuvius destroyed Pompeii. Interestingly, grapes are still grown on its slopes and continue to produce a wine that is equally explosive. What is its name?
a. Lacryma Christi
c. Coda di Volpe
8. Why is a white wine glass smaller than a red wine glass?
a. To cue a waiter as to which glass is which during table service
b. White wine has less aromatics than red wine and therefore does not need as much surface area to release its aromas. For this reason, its bowl is smaller.
c. Temperature control
d. Women drink more white wine than red and have historically been given smaller pours.
9. Where in the world will you still find huge acreage of ungrafted grapevines?
a. Chile and Australia