A dozen public art exhibits will be unveiled this month throughout Howard County.
ARTsites 2013 -- the Howard County Arts Council’s second public art initiative -- will install outdoor sculptures at the following locations. Exhibits will remain through April 2014.
• “One Big Scoop” by Kevin Vanek, George Howard Building in Ellicott City
• “In Harmony” by Paul Steinkoenig, Central Library in Columbia
• “Hope” by Charlie Brouwer, East Columbia Library
• “Continuum” by Jodi Hollnagel-Jubran, Elkridge Library
• “Music of the Squares” by Bob Turan, Gary J. Arthur Community Center in Cooksville
• “Getting the Band Back Together” by Ed Kidera, North Laurel Community Center
• “Outrigger” by Bobby Donovan, AIDA Bistro & Wine Bar in Columbia
• “1/2 x 3” by Philip Smith, Wincopin Lakeside Building in Columbia
• “Autumn Amber” by Glenn Zweygardt, Horowitz Visual and Performing Arts Center
at Howard Community College in Columbia
• “Sentinel” by Jim Paulsen, The Arc of Howard County in Ellicott City
• “Bud” by Carl Billingsley, Howard County General Hospital in Columbia
• “Appalachian Spring” by Charles Pilkey, James and Anne Robinson Nature Center
For more information about ARTsites 2013, contact the Howard County Arts Council at hocoarts.org or call 410-313-2787.Copyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun