RECORD STAFF REPORT
11:12 AM EDT, October 18, 2012
A fire did minor damage to a storage shed in the Havre de Grace area Wednesday evening, according to fire investigators.
Firefighters were sent to the 400 block of Robin Hood Road about 6:25 p.m. Wednesday after a neighbor reported a fire in a 8-by-10 foot wood frame shed on the property of Richard Forton, according to a notice of investigation from the Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office.
Twenty firefighters from the Susquehanna Hose Company of Havre de Grace brought the fire under control in 10 minutes, the fire marshal's office said.
Damage to the structure was estimated at $500; damage to contents was estimated at $500.
According to the notice of investigation, the accidental fire originated in the interior of the structure and was caused by an "electrical failure of the interior light."
Copyright © 2013, The Baltimore Sun