Students at Hall's Cross Roads Elementary School were briefly evacuated Wednesday morning after a gas leak on a nearby property.

"They were evacuated for approximately 15 minutes," Harford County Public Schools spokeswoman Teri Kranefeld said Thursday morning. "It was the result of a gas smell from a neighboring area: Roosevelt Avenue. The issue was not with the school."

The evacuation happened at about 8:59 a.m. after reports of a gas smell.

About 40 minutes earlier, a gas line was also hit at a construction site in the first block of Taft Street, about half a mile from the school.


"Like" exploreharford's Facebook page

It is not clear if the two incidents are related.