BY ERIKA BUTLER, firstname.lastname@example.org
3:51 PM EDT, September 27, 2012
A 33-year-old Dundalk man was electrocuted Wednesday by overhead power lines while working on a home in Belcamp.
Jonathan David Weston, a roofing helper for RHI Recovery Roof Services in Dundalk, was on a job Wednesday on Griffith Place in Belcamp, off of Greys Run Circle, according to a report from the Harford County Sheriff's Office.
Mr. Weston was walking with an aluminum ladder hoist around 11:45 a.m. when it fell on power lines on the side of a townhouse in the neighborhood, according to the report. He went in to cardiac arrest.
When Harford County Sheriff's deputies and paramedics arrived, a man later identified as an off-duty Baltimore City paramedic was giving Mr. Weston CPR. The paramedic told police he had been walking his dog outside his house when employees from RHI told him what happened and he began the life-saving measures, according to the report.
Deputies and paramedics from Abingdon Volunteer Fire Company continued CPR and took Mr. Weston to Upper Chesapeake Medical Center in Bel Air, where he was pronounced dead at 1:37 p.m., according to police.
The sheriff's office and the Maryland Occupational Safety and Health are investigating the accident.