Become a digitalPLUS subscriber. 99¢ for 4 weeks.

'Dwelling fire' reported at Harford executive's house was furnace malfunction

Havre de Grace firefighters responded to reports of a dwelling fire at Harford County Executive David Craig's house in the city Tuesday morning, but it turned out to be a furnace malfunction.

The call for a "dwelling fire," according to monitored county emergency radio broadcasts, came at 8:47 a.m. for the 400 block of Congress Avenue, where Craig lives.

Firefighters found smoke coming into the home from the furnace and had the situation under control quickly, Susquehanna Hose Company Chief Scott Hurst said Tuesday afternoon.

Hurst said Craig was not home, but some relatives were.

No one was injured in the incident.

County government spokesperson Bob Thomas said Craig would have no statement on the incident.

Copyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun
Comments
Loading