Harford County community leaders will strut their stuff and showcase their ballroom dancing talents at the fifth anniversary of the Dancing for the Arts fundraiser on Saturday, Sept. 15. The event will be from 6:30 to 11 p.m. at the Bulle Rock Residents' Club.
The evening will include an open bar, sumptuous food, live auction and the dancing competition. The participants are taking dance lessons with professional dancers from the Churchville dance studio Dancing with Friends. The live auction will include a 1.02 carat oval hoop diamond earrings set valued at $2,295 donated by Saxon's Diamond Centers.
The public can help determine the Top Fundraiser for the event by going to http://www.DancingForTheArts.org and voting for their favorite dancer by making a donation to the Center for the Arts ($1 per vote). Gala attendees will also have the opportunity to vote for their favorite dancer at the event. The dancer receiving the most votes will receive the Top Fundraiser award. A Judges Choice award will also be given out that evening. Tickets are available online and are $185 per person. The event is black tie optional.
The Harford dancing stars include:
• Eddie Ayala-Program Manager, Battelle
• Mary Hastler-Director, Harford County Public Library
• Martha Hopkins-Owner, Elberton Hill Farm
• Marcie Dresher Michael-Trustee, The Dresher Foundation
• Karla Slade-Pope-Retired Continental Airlines
• Tamera Rush-VP Defense Operations, STG Inc.
• Wayne Thibeault-Principal, Patterson Mill
• Aaron Tomarchio-Chief of Staff, Harford County Government
• Dean L. Vassar, M.D.-Johns Hopkins Medicine
The Honorary Chair of the event is Susan Butcher Roarty, trustee of The Dresher Foundation and winner of the Judge's Choice and Top Fundraising Awards at the 2011 gala. The master of ceremonies is Diane Lyn, morning co-host and midday host of 101.9 FM. Aimee O'Neill will conduct the live auction. Deborah Pro-Marshall, Judge Angela Eaves, Tony Meoli and Mark Welsh are returning for the fifth year to judge the dancing competition and award the Judge's Choice Award.
The sponsors this year are:
• Presenting-Harford Mutual Insurance
• Art Masterpiece- I-95 Business Magazine, Mason Dixon Arrive Magazine, 101.9 FM
• Art Society-Clark Turner Signature Homes
• Art Ambassador-Laurel Bush Family Dentistry, STG Inc.
• Friends of the Arts- MedStar Sports Medicine, Battelle, J. Vinton Schafer & Sons, Inc.,