The Rotary Club of Westminster has announced the newest inductees for the Carroll County Sports Hall of Fame.
The six members of the Class of 2013 will be honored during a special banquet ceremony May 10 at Carroll Community College.
They include: two women who were each named Carroll County player of the year; a renowned Carroll County coach and athletic director; the second student in South County's history to be recruited to a Division 1A college; a baseball player later drafted by the Texas Rangers and one of the pioneers of lacrosse in Carroll County.
The inductees are:
• Emily Bollinger (Westminster High School)
• Bruce Cowan (Carroll County Public Schools)
• Joe Goodwin (South Carroll High School)
• Michael Landry (South Carroll High School)
• Jaclyn Mathias (Westminster High School)
• Jim Peters (Westminster High School coach)
There are currently 95 persons honored on the Hall of Fame's Wall.
The unveiling ceremony of the six new members' plaques will begin at 6 p.m., followed by the induction banquet.
Tickets for the event are $35 per person and are available at The Boston Inn, 533 Baltimore Blvd, branches of The New Windsor State Bank, branches of the Carroll Community Bank, and from all Rotarians.
For information, call 410-848-9095.