Not just any bowser can have dog park privileges. To begin with, license and immunization are a must.
Dog owners must fill out a membership application online through the local recreation council website.Enrollment has not yet begun for Perry Paw Family Dog Park.
There will also be a fee. No fee amount has been decided yet for Perry Paw Family Dog Park, but the other county dog parks charge $25 annually.
Here are some other rules of etiquette for dog parks in Baltimore County:
• Dog owners are legally and financially responsible for any injuries caused by their dog and use the dog park at their own risk.
• Aggressive dogs are not allowed.
• No alcohol, smoking, human food or glass containers.
• Frisbees, balls and training treats are OK. Bones, rawhides and squeaky toys are prohibited because they can trigger conflict.
• No children younger than 12 inside the park.
• No more than two dogs per owner.
• No retractable leashes.
• Dogs may never be left unattended inside the park.
• Clean up and dispose of your dog's feces.
• No sick dogs allowed, including ones with fleas, ticks or worms.
• No dogs in heat.
• No puppies younger than 4 months.
• No professional dog trainers or groomers conducting business.
• No excessive barking.
• No running by humans.Copyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun