Submit notices via email:
email@example.com; fax: 410-332-6336; or mail: Northeast Booster Reporter, 501 N. Calvert St., Third Floor, Baltimore, MD 21278. Include sponsor or host, date, time, address of event, contact name and phone number. Deadline is noon the Wednesday before publication.
Hamilton Gallery — 5502 Harford Road hosts Sew Fabulous sewing workshops, Tuesdays, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Margaret Garland, 443-676-7465 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sister's Christmas Catechism: The Mystery of the Magi's Gold ? — at St. Michael the Archangel Parish, 10 Willow Ave., Dec. 9, 7:30 p.m. in the school gym. $25 before Dec.1 and $30 thereafter. 410-665-1054 or http://www.latenitecatechism.com.
Basket Bingo — to benefit the youth attending the 2012 Youth Gathering in New Orleans, hosted by Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 8212 Philadelphia Road, Rosedale, Nov. 26, doors 5 p.m.; games 6 p.m. $15 for 20 games of bingo. Special games, raffles and refreshments also available. Beth, 410-477-3319.
Carney Assembly of God — 3319 Summit Ave. hosts Cross-Connection, a Christian singles group, meets monthly, first Friday, 7:30 p.m. Music, Bible study, discussion and fellowship. 410-661-6388 or http://www.Crossconnections.webs.com.
Hiss United Methodist Church — 8700 Harford Road. 410-668-5665 or http://www.hisschurch.org.
• Services: traditional, 8:30 and 11 a.m., contemporary praise and Sunday school, 9:30 a.m.
• Pastor Smiley leads the study of Adam Hamilton's Why? Tuesdays, 7 p.m.
• Advent Festival for all ages, Nov. 27, 2-5 p.m.
• Advent Study, "The Journey" by Adam Hamilton, Nov. 30 –Dec. 21, 7 p.m., in room 208. Call to register.
• Children's Christmas Pageant, Dec. 11, 9:30 a.m.
• The Youth Portray a Live Nativity, Dec. 11, 6, 6:30 and 7 p.m. Refreshments available.
Immanuel Baptist Church — 5050 Bucks Schoolhouse Road is hosting "A Night In Bethlehem," Dec. 15 and 16, a re-enactment of the town of Bethlehem the night Jesus was born and also a live nativity. Tours begin at 6 p.m. each night and will run throughout the evening. RSVP 410-687-9166 or email@example.com.
Perry Hall United Methodist Church — 9515 Belair Road, Nottingham, hosts Perry Hall Folk Music Night, Dec. 17, 7-10 p.m. Featured performer is Janet Griffin, an open mic event. Admission is free, donations welcome. 410-529-7176 or firstname.lastname@example.org or http://www.perryhallumc.org/FolkMusicNight.
American Legion Parkville Post 183 — 2301 Putty Hill Ave.
• Balladiers meet first and third Wednesdays, 7:30 p.m. 410-665-0372.
• Ballroom Dancing, Wednesdays, 6:30-9:30 p.m. with live or recorded music. Food and drinks available for purchase. Admission $17, $20 on big band nights. Students $12. 410-665-9339.
Northern Baltimore County Republican and Civic Organization — meetings last Thursday, (except Thanksgiving,) 7:30 p.m., at the Parkton American Legion Hall, 19520 York Road. Kevin Bruffey, 443-801-1408 or email@example.com.
Cub Scout Pack 130 — meets at Joppaview Elementary School, is now accepting first- to fifth-graders. Camping, fishing, hiking, archery and more. 410-952-3837 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maryland Chapter of the American Sewing Guild Quilters Group — hosts monthly meetings first Friday, 5 p.m., St. Johns Lutheran Church, 8808 Harford Road. marylandasg.org.
Bingo — American Legion Post 130, 8666 Silver Lake Drive, Perry Hall, Thursdays, 7-10 p.m. $10 for 27 games. Food and free parking available. 410-870-0625.
SETA — an organization of adults sharing cultural events in a social atmosphere every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. http://www.setarts.com or 410-668-1298 before 10 p.m.
Square Dance Lessons — sponsored by the Dubbin Recreation Council at St. Michael Lutheran Church, 9534 Belair Road, Perry Hall, Thursdays, 7:30-9 p.m. 410-592-8512.
Parkville Toastmasters — meets first and third Thursdays, 7 p.m. at Oak Crest Village, Crestview Meeting Room, 8820 Walther Blvd., Parkville. Guests welcome. Cheryl Oed, 410-599-6680 or Ravena27@comcast.net.
Baltimore County Genealogical Society — meeting at Parkville Senior Center, 8601 Harford Road, Nov. 27, doors open at noon for library research, computer users group meet at 1 p.m. and society meeting at 2 p.m. A speaker and presentation will follow. 410-665-8769 or http://www.serve.com/begs/begs.html.
Knights of Columbus Council 11615 — hosts cash bingo, Dec. 3, 6 p.m., at the Church of the Annunciation parish hall, 5212 McCormick Ave., Rosedale. $12 advance or $15 door. 410-866-6546 or http://www.kofc11615.com and click on the BINGO card.
Join Your Local 4-H Program — for learning leadership, citizenship, and life skills. The University of Maryland Baltimore County 4-H program serves ages 5-18. Adult volunteer opportunities available. 410-771-1761 or http://www.baltimorecounty.umd.edu.
Perry Hall High School Craft Show — Dec. 3, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Holiday gifts and home décor. Food available for sale. email@example.com.
Holiday Open House — at Cromwell Valley Park, 2002 Cromwell Bridge Road, Perry Hall, Sherwood House, Dec. 3,10 a.m.-1 p.m. Make edible ornaments for wildlife, sip mulled hot cider, listen to holiday tunes, decorate cookies, create Christmas crafts with natural materials, and visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus. RSVP 410-887-2503. $2 donation.
Dance — sponsored by Parents Without Partners, Dec. 4, 7-11 p.m., at the Columbus Gardens in Perry Hall. Music by Big Cam & the Lifters. All are welcome, including married persons. $7 for members, $11 for nonmembers. 410-876-6504.
Celtic Christmas Shows — held at the Cellar Stage in the basement at Faith Community United Methodist Church, 5315 Harford Road, http://www.uptownconcerts.com.
• Robin Bullock, Ken Kolodner and Elke Baker, Dec. 2, 8 p.m. $23.
• Maggies Music, Dec. 9, 8 p.m. with Maggie Sanson, Andrea Hoag, Matthew Bell, Patrick Egan and Seth Kibel. $20.
Candlelight Christmas Concert — presented by the ladies of Musica Antiqua, held at Emmanuel Church, 303 N. Main St., Bel Air, Dec. 11, 4 p.m. performed with period instruments and costumes, amid the traditional greenery of the beautifully decked church. $11. 410-529-0791.
The Maryland State Boychoir — is holding auditions for boys, ages 7-17, through November. 410-554-8644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health and Support
Baltimore Cancer Support Group — Conference Center at St. Peter's Lutheran Church, 7910 Belair Road, Thursdays, 7-8:30 p.m. 410-668-1762.
Tai Chi Classes — Babcock Presbyterian Church, 8240 Loch Raven Blvd., Parkville, Thursdays, 8 p.m. 410-296-9497.
Franklin Square Hospital — 9000 Franklin Square Drive, Rosedale. Health Education Center. 443-777-7000. Call for fees.
• Prepared Childbirth Course, Mondays, Nov. 28, Dec. 5, 12 and 19, 6:30-9 p.m., Wednesdays, Nov. 30 and Dec. 7, 6:30-9 p.m. and Saturdays Dec. 3 and 10, 9:30 a.m.-noon.
• Breastfeeding: Facts, Myths and Techniques, Dec. 13, 6:30-9 p.m.
• Prenatal Postpartum Yoga, Dec. 6, 13 and 20, 6-7:15 p.m.
• Postpartum Support Group, Dec. 7, 14, 21 and 28, 12:15 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Pediatric CPR and choking, Dec. 8, 6:30-9:30 p.m.
• Stroller Strides at White Marsh Mall, Weekdays 9 a.m.
Rosedale Library — offers the following at 6105 Kenwood Ave. 410-887-0512. Registration required.
• Baby Boosters, ages up to 23 months, Mondays, 10:30 a.m. Stories, music, movement and rhymes.
• Toddler Story Time, ages 2-3 years, Tuesdays, 10:30 a.m. Stories, music and movement activities.
• 4 Youth by Youth, ages 11-17, Tuesdays, 3:30-5 p.m. Learn about community outreach, getting ready for college.
• Preschool Story Time, ages 2-5 years, Fridays, 10:30 a.m. Stories, activities and songs.
• Anime/Manga Club, all ages, discussing manga, drawing and viewing anime, Nov. 30, 7 p.m.
• Computer Know-How, ages 13 and older, learning basic computer skills, Dec. 1, 9 a.m. Registration required.
• Jolly Holly Day, all ages, singing with Candy and Cupcake about winter, snow, sleigh rides, Christmas, Hanukah and Kwanza, Dec. 2, 10:30 a.m.
White Marsh Library — offers the following at 8133 Sandpiper Circle. 410-887-5097.
• Baby Boosters, for up to 23 months, Thursdays, 9:30 and 10:30 a.m. Stories, music, movement and rhymes. Registration required.
• Preschool Story Time, ages 2-5, Tuesdays, 10:30 a.m. Reading stories, activities and songs.
Parkville Library — offers the following at 9509 Harford Road, Parkville. 410-887-5353.
• Preschool Story Time, ages 2-5, Thursdays, 9:30 a.m. Stories, activities and songs.
• Baby Boosters, ages up to 23 months, Mondays, 9:30 a.m. Stories, music, movement and rhymes. Registration required.
• Holiday Story Time, ages 2-5, listening to stories and singing songs about the winter holidays, Dec. 1, 9:30 a.m.
Perry Hall Library — offers the following at 9685 Honeygo Blvd., Perry Hall. 410-887-5195.
• Baby Boosters, for up to 23 months, Tuesdays, 9:30 and 10:30 a.m. Stories, music, movement and rhymes. Registration required.
• Preschool Story Time, ages 2-5, Wednesdays, 10:30 a.m. Stories, activities and songs.
• Toddler Story Time, ages 2-3, Thursdays, 9:30 and 10:30 a.m. Stories, music and movement activities. Registration required.
• Coffee and Conversation, Dec. 2, 10 a.m. Discuss books and meet new people.
Rosedale Recreation and Parks Council — 8200 Old Philadelphia Road, Rosedale. 410-887-0294.
• Red Cross Weekday Swim program, mail-in only registration. Call weekdays 9 a.m.-2 p.m. for details.
• Martial Arts and Fitness, McCormick Elementary School, 5101 Hazelwood Ave., weekdays, 5:30-8:30 p.m. $35 per month.
Holt Park — 34 Elmont Ave. offers programs through the Overlea-Fullerton Recreation Council. Registration required. 410-887-5307.
• The Natural World of Art, ages 5 and older, Wednesdays, 6:30-7:30 p.m. $2.
• Creative Clay, all ages, Fridays, 6:30-8 p.m. $10.
• Open Nature Cabin, Tuesdays, 4-7 p.m. and first Sunday, 1-5 p.m. with a special activity. Free.
Mordecai Gist Public School — Class of 1961 is looking for classmates to celebrate a 50-year reunion. For anyone who graduated or attended School No. 69. Barbra Katz Rosenberg, email@example.com.
Dunbar Senior High School — class of 1962, 50-year reunion, June 15-17, 2012. Barbara Tinsley, 410-323-1587 or Rebecca (Ray) White, 401-832-5788, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seven Oaks Senior Center — 9210 Seven Courts Drive, offers the following. 410-887-5192. Sign up at the front desk.
• Home modifications, Dec. 2, 11 a.m. Sign up by Dec. 1.
• Medicare Part D open enrollment help, Dec. 2. Schedule an appointment, 410-887-2059.
• Reading buddies, Dec. 2, 9, 16 and 23, 12:15 p.m. A partnership with Seven Oaks Elementary School to help young students learn to read. Contact Lisa Kennedy or Chad Casserly to volunteer.
• Holiday safety, Dec. 5, 11 a.m., a presentation form Anna Dorothy Zink, R.N. Sign up by Dec. 2.
• Council luncheon meeting, Dec.5, 12:30 p.m. Lunch prior to the meeting, $4. Sign up by Dec. 1.
• Seated massage, Dec. 6, 9:30-11:30 a.m., an eight minute massage, $5. Appointments available at the front desk.
• Rethink joint replacement, Dec. 6, 11 a.m., presented by Good Samaritan Hospital. Sign up by Dec. 5.
• Super special lunch, Dec. 6, noon. Sign up by Nov. 30.
• Tim's Car Care clinic, Dec. 6, 12:30 p.m. Sign up by Dec. 2.
• Holiday party, Dec. 8, noon at Columbus Gardens. Entertainment by the Yesterday Once More. $25 members, $27 nonmembers.
• Holiday haircuts, Dec. 12, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. $8 women, $5 men. Limited appointments.
• Pizza and planning meeting, Dec. 12, noon. Sign up by Dec. 9.
• Financial talk, Dec. 13, 11 a.m. Ways to get back onto the road of financial recovery. Sign up by Dec. 12.
• Healthy brain aging verses dementia, Dec. 13, 1 p.m.. Sign up by Dec. 12.
• Wake-up Your Herb-E-Tite, Dec. 16, 10:30 a.m. Learn how to use herbs in holiday meals. Sign up by Dec. 15.
• Holiday Sing-A -Long with The Oakettes, Dec. 20, 12:30 p.m. Lunch provided by the Eating Together Program at noon. Sign up by Dec. 15.
• Wellness Wednesday, Dec. 28, 10:45 a.m. on the topic: Active Lifestyle. No RSVP needed.
Overlea-Fullerton Senior Center — 4314 Fullerton Ave. offers the following. 410-887-5220.
• Wind Energy, Dec. 7, 11 a.m., a presentation about Maryland's impressive untapped offshore wind energy potential and the policy initiative.
• Christmas Memories, Dec. 9, 1 p.m., a holiday show performed by the Overlea Singing Seniors.
• Active Lifestyle, Dec. 13, 1:30 p.m. Presented by a health educator from Franklin Square Hospital.
• Holiday Party, Dec. 15, noon-2 p.m. A light lunch with music by the Traveling Heart Show. $5 members, $7 nonmembers. Sign up by Dec. 9.
Overlea Senior Center Travel
• Dutch Apple Dinner Theatre Musical Presentation "9 to 5," March 29, 2012. $76.
• Delaware Park Casino, April 23, 2012 $25, $30 slot play money.
Parkville AARP Chapter 3090 — meets third Friday, St. John's Lutheran Church is sponsoring a bus trip to Lancaster County, Dec. 1 and 2. Lunch and show at Landis Valley, dinner at Cracker Barrel, Christmas spectacular at American Music Theatre. Overnight and breakfast at the Willow Valley Resort. $228 per person/double occupancy. 410-256-4318 for reservations.
The Baltimore County Department of Aging Home Team Program — needs volunteers to assist with shopping, escort trips, homemaker services for elderly homebound people. 410-887-4141 or email@example.com.
World Heritage — a nonprofit student exchange program is seeking volunteers to serve as area representatives in your local community to recruit and screen potential host families, supervise exchange students, organize activities and provide host families, students and schools. 800-888-9040 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chesapeake Concert Band — is seeking volunteers musicians, especially brass, clarinets and flutists. The band performs concerts for local civic groups, retirement communities and nursing homes. Rehearsals Wednesdays at Ridgely Middle School, 121 E. Ridgely Road, Lutherville. 410-252-3941.
CASA of Baltimore County — needs volunteer court-appointed special advocates and mentors. Must be 21 years old, complete 30 hours of pre-service training, undergo a background check and be willing to make a commitment of at least one year. Male volunteers are especially needed. 410-828-0515 or http://www.casabaltco.org.
Hamilton Arts Collective — needs volunteers to work in the theater, gallery or any other aspect of HAC. 410-444-4272 or email@example.com.
Foster Parents Needed — Caring families and individuals needed to give guidance and stable homes to children and teens. Therapeutic foster parents receive training, financial reimbursement and 24-hour support. KidsPeace, 410-964-9329 or http://www.fostercare.com.Copyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun