• Book Discussion: "Out Stealing Horses," by Per Petterson, Oct. 27, 6:45 p.m.
• Lutes in the Library: Ayreheart in Concert. This musical quartet is led by lutenist Ronn McFarlane, Nov. 3, 6:30 p.m.
Hampden Library — 3641 Falls Road. 410-396-6043.
• Mother Goose Baby Steps, to age 3, Wednesdays, 10:30 a.m.
• Preschool Leaps, program of stories, songs, and fun for ages 3-5, Tuesdays, 6:30 p.m.
Northwood Library — 4420 Loch Raven Blvd. 410-396-6076.
• Preschool Leaps, stories, songs and fun for ages 3-5, Thursdays, 11:30 a.m.
• Mother Goose Baby Steps, to age 3, Thursdays, 10:30 a.m.
• Chapter by Chapter — Cover to Cover, ages 6-12. Wednesdays, 4 p.m. Listen to others reading aloud or take a turn reading aloud.
• Book Discussion: "Voodoo Season" by Jewell Parker Rhodes, Oct. 26, 6 p.m.
Roland Park Library — 5108 Roland Ave. 410-396-6099.
• Mother Goose Baby Steps, interactive nursery rhyme program with music and movement, for children up to 3 years with caregivers, Mondays, 1:30 p.m.
• Toddler Jumps, storytime program with books, rhymes and bouncing balls for 2-year-olds and their caregivers, Thursdays, 10:30 a.m.
• Preschool Leaps, stories, songs, and fun for ages 3-5, Thursdays, 11 a.m.
Waverly Library — 400 E. 33rd St., 410-396-6053.
• Preschool Leaps, stories, songs and fun for ages 3-5, Tuesdays, 10:30 a.m.
• Mother Goose Baby Steps, interactive nursery rhyme program with music and movement, for children up to 3 years with caregivers, Thursdays, 10:30 a.m.
• Get Fit at Your Library, Mondays, noon. A weekly workout to popular line dances, hip-hop, Caribbean and African rhythms.
Beth Am Synagogue — 2501 Eutaw Place hosts Rabbi and Professor David Golinkin, Nov. 11, Shabbat Service, Congregational Dinner, and Lecture and Nov. 12, Shabbat Services and Lecture. Dinner $18 for adults, $12 children 6-12; 5 and younger are free. RSVP for dinner, 410-523-2446 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Bible Talk: "Greater Works? Are You Joking?" — at the Christian Science Reading Room in the Rotunda, 711 W. 40th St., first floor, Nov. 13, 1 p.m., given by Deanna Mummert which explores The Gospel of John. Light snacks served. 410-467-7974 or 410-366-2851.
Tai Chi for Seniors — Senior Network of North Baltimore, 5828 York Road. To improve health, fitness and balance. Mondays, 12:45 p.m. 410 323-7131.
Memory and Aging Seminar — sponsored by Action in Maturity, 3900 Roland Ave. presents Dr. Michael A. Yassa, Ph.D, Nov. 18, 10 a.m. Breakfast at 9:30 a.m. 410-889-7915, email@example.com or http://www.actioninmaturity.org.
St. Mary's Outreach Center — 3900 Roland Ave. offers Food Stamp sign up for those 55 and older, Nov. 10, 10 a.m.–noon. Bring with you picture ID, proof of income, proof of residency, proof of utility, most recent bank statement and medical bills. 410-366-3106.
Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland — needs volunteers to deliver meals to homebound individuals in Baltimore City and County. 443-573-0940, firstname.lastname@example.org or http://www.mealsonwheelsmd.org.
Evergreen Museum and Library — seeking volunteer museum guides. 410-516-0341 or email@example.com or http://www.museums.jhu.edu.