Collaborations Exhibit — at Notre Dame College, 4701 N. Charles St., Fourier Hall, Gormley Gallery. Works by clients at Penn Mar Human Services, in Freeland, and students at Notre Dame. Runs through Dec. 2, gallery talk, Nov. 30, noon-1 p.m. Free. 410-435-0100 or ndm.edu/gormleygallery.
Maryland Institute College of Art — 1300 W. Mount Royal Ave. presents regional, national and international artists, designers, authors and curators to discuss their work, life and career experiences.
• Design Double Feature: Book Launch, Nov. 7, 6 p.m. Reception 7 p.m. Presentations of the release of two new books on graphic design written and designed by MICA faculty, students and alumni. "Graphic Design Thinking: Beyond Brainstorming" and "Participate: Designing with User-Generated Content."
• Douglas B. Dowd: The Artist-Correspondent as a Cultural Figure, Nov. 8, 7–8:30 p.m. Main building, room 110.
• Kelly Dobson Nov. 9, 7 p.m. Brown Center: Falvey Hall.
Minás — 815 W. 36th St. 410-732-4258. http://www.minasgalleryandboutique.com.
• Essential Sundays Poetry, Nov. 13, 4 p.m. An open reading followed by featured readers. $3. Julie@poetryinbaltimore.com.
• Fiction: 510 Readings, Nov. 19, 5 p.m. featuring Joshua Mohr, Stephanie Barber, Ben Loory and Mike Young. Free. http://www.510readings.blogspot.com.
• Town Square Open Mic, Nov. 20, 4 p.m. Poetry, performance, stand-up comedy, acoustic music, fiction, mime, monologues, sleight-of-hand, puppetry, oratory and mimicry. Free. Sarah Jane, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Closing Party for Fragments from Utilis Planta, Nov. 26, 6–9 p.m. with artist, author, and filmmaker Scott Philip Goergens. Exhibit runs through Nov. 27. Free.
• Yoga, Thursdays, Nov. 3–Dec. 29, 7–8:15 a.m. $80 series, $12 drop-in. Classes for all levels. Regina, 614-205-7663, email@example.com or http://www.yogaonwheels.org.
End to End — presented by Maryland Institute College of Art, an exhibition featuring self-reflective artwork by Youngmi Song Organ, Nov. 18- Dec. 18, Bunting Center's Pinkard Gallery, 1401 W. Mount Royal Ave. Reception Nov. 18, 5-7 p.m. Open Mondays-Saturdays, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., and Sundays, noon-5 p.m.
Bromo Seltzer Arts Tower — 21 S. Eutaw St. hosts the following. 443-874-3596 or http://www.bromoseltzerartstower.com.
• Open Studio Day, Nov. 5, 1-5 p.m. Visual artists showcase their talents with original art, including theatrical scripts, mix media, paintings, photography and sculptures. At 2 p.m., Unexpected Theater delivers dramatic compositions, such as monologues in the Studio 11 Theater.
Antreasian Gallery — 1111 W 36th St. hosts the following exhibits. 410-235-4420 or http://www.antreasiangallery.com.
• Amanda Christabel Johnson: Current paintings of the Del Ray Florida artist. Opening reception Nov. 4, 6-9 p.m. Runs through Nov. 18.
• Thomas Spande: New drawings, animals, people and land and cityscapes. Reception Nov. 12, 6-9 p.m. Runs through Nov. 28.
Maryland State Boychoir Scholarship Gala — at City Lights, second floor 1840s Ballroom, Sat. Nov. 12, 7-11 p.m. Includes drinks, hors d'oeuvres and dinner, live music and a performance by The Changed Voice Choir, silent and live auction. $145. Kathy Hawker, 410 554-8644 ext. 3.
Gems of American Music — to benefit the Niemann Organ Restoration Fund, presented by the Handel Choir of Baltimore Chandos Singers, held at the First Unitarian Church of Baltimore, 12 W. Franklin St., Nov. 13, 4 p.m. $15 donation.