Submit notices via email:
email@example.com; fax: 410-332-6336; or mail: Baltimore Messenger, 501 N. Calvert St., Third Floor, Baltimore, MD 21278. Include sponsor or host, date, time, address of event, contact name and phone number. Deadline is noon the Thursday before publication.
Arts and Museums
• Drop-in Art Activities: Text Messages, every Saturday and Sunday in November, 10 a.m.–3 p.m. Free.
• Exhibition — Puzzles of the Brain: An Artist's Journey through Amnesia. Runs through Dec. 11.
• Lost and Found: Exhibit runs until Jan. 1. Free.
• Day of the Dead: El Día de los Muertos, the Mexican holiday celebrates the lives of family and friends who have died, Nov. 6, noon-3 p.m. Free.
• Lunch & Learn: The Story of Vessantara, Nov. 3, 12:15-1:15 p.m. Free.
• EUREKA! Jewelry Fair, held in Sculpture Court, Nov. 4-6, 10 a.m.–5 p.m. $15 includes admission to the special exhibition Lost and Found: The Secrets of Archimedes. Opening night cocktail party, Nov. 4, 6–8 p.m. $75.
• Mini Camp: Kid Conservators, ages 5-12, Nov. 4, 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Nonmembers, $100; members, $80. Registration required. 410- 547-9000, ext. 300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Peabody on the Court, features Jeremiah Baker, classical saxophone performance in Sculpture Court, Nov. 4, noon–1 p.m. Free.
• Fall Forum: The Archimedes Palimpsest features scholars and scientists presenting a cross-discipline conversation while raising issues about the discovery and conservation of The Archimedes Palimpsest. Nov. 12, noon–4:30 p.m. Free.
• Intercambio: Artful Language Exchange. Sharpen your Spanish or English skills while having conversations about art and artists in a series of bilingual gallery experiences, Nov. 13, 3-4:30 p.m.
The Baltimore Museum of Art — 10 Art Museum Drive. 443-573-1870 or artbma.org. General admission is free.
• Drop-In Art Activities, Family Art Center, every Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Free Family Sundays, Workshops: 2–5 p.m. Tours: 2–2:45 p.m. last Sundays.
• Hand Held: Personal Arts from Africa, includes a variety of seats, vessels, blankets, combs, hats, and other objects created for individuals and households in 21 African countries. On view through Feb. 5, 2012.
• Print by Print: Series from Durer to Lichtenstein, an exhibition of prints by American and European artists from the late 15th through the 21st centuries. On view through March 25, 2012.
• Members' Book Club: "The Creation of Eve" in the palor, Nov. 13, 3–5 p.m. $5, members free. 410-547-9000, ext. 334.