Take the family out for breakfast Saturday, July 16, when Holy Nativity Lutheran Church's seasoned chefs offer sweets and savories from 9-11 a.m. at 1200 Linden Ave. This repast is free with no reservations required.
Get tasty tidbits at 410-242-9441 or walk in.
Bring your children to Halethorpe-Relay United Methodist Church, 4513 Ridge Ave., for the shake it up worship hour at 11 am. Sunday, July 17. Youngsters will lead with toe-tapping tunes, interpretive dances and skits about God's bounty.
• If you want to participate in the Baltimore County Christian Workcamp, July 18-22, assisting area seniors with needed home repairs, Pastor Claire Fiedler holds registration details.
Lansdowne area church members will make a clean sweep through Hillcrest Park Sunday, July 17, following their respective worship hours. Don your work clothes and join them for lunch on site. Then help with the clean up.
The Rev. Kristi Kunkle has cleaning crew details at 410-242-2141.
Our Lady of Victory Catholic Church is hosting a monthly raffle during which one $5 lucky lottery ticket could win $50 to $250 in cash prizes. Tickets valid for a whole month.
Call 410-242-0131 before Aug. 1 to purchase yours.
Bible school reminders
• Christ United Methodist Church, 2833 Florida Ave., July 18-22, 6-9 p.m., for the whole family. The Sonsurf theme is awash in Bible stories and activities honoring Jesus' ministry. Nightly supper. Love offerings.
Call Margie Snyder at 410-789-9544 or 410-789-9058.
• Lansdowne United Methodist Church, 114 Laverne Ave., July 18-22, 5:45-8:30 p.m., preschoolers through eighth graders. A panda-mania theme presents Bible heroes in a myriad of innovative ways. Nightly suppers with kid friendly menus, $5 per child.
Virginia Mullins has registration details at 410-242-3039 or call the church, 410-247-4624.
• Hope Presbyterian Church, 4748 Shelbourne Road, July 25-29, 9 a.m. to noon, for ages 3-11. The Shake it up Bible Café promises recipes from God's bounty plus lively activities. Free registration before July 18. Cost is $5 after July 18.
Contact the church at 410-247-4673.
• Hope's fun lovers issue an invitation for the July 31 picnic that follows 11 a.m. worship. Carpool to a grassy site. Take food to share, along with chairs and bathing togs.
Reserve a spot by calling the number above.
St. Clement's sodality travelers invite you to hop on their bus for any of these upcoming excursions:
• Friday, Aug. 5, purchase fresh vegetables, homemade baked goods, bargain clothes and sundries at Green Dragon Amish Market. Then dine at Shady Maple. $52.
• Friday, Sept. 16, a crab feast on the Eastern Shore at Whitehaven in the Red Roost. Sing-a-long plus a smorgasbord of other seafood specialties. $78.
• Sept. 18-22, all-inclusive trip to Myrtle Beach with oceanfront lodging, meals, shows, outlet shopping, tour of historic Charlestown and Barefoot Landing fun. All for $495.
Check with Eileen Kus at 410-859-0988.
Our Savior Lutheran Church, 141 Laverne Ave., collects snack foods, magazines and sundries to ship to a military unit serving in Afghanistan. This effort runs through July.
Call 410-242-2141 for drop off details.
Southwest Emergency Services, 1201 Maple Ave., seeks shelf staple food to assist local families facing hardships. Pasta meals, cereals, fruits, juices, canned meats and soups are priorities.
Stop in Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays, 9-11 a.m.
Copyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun