Join the Greater Catonsville Chamber of Commerce Sunday,. Sept. 11, for our 38th annual Catonsville Arts & Crafts Festival from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Frederick Road between Bloomsbury and Melvin avenues.
A wonderful day has been planned featuring live music on two stages, a KidZone, the weekly Sunday farmers market and more than 200 crafters, local businesses and civic organizations.
This annual festival is one of Catonsville's premier events.
With this year's festival falling on the 10th anniversary of 9/11, the day has a special significance. The chamber will acknowledge the anniversary with a remembrance ceremony at noon at the center stage on Egges Lane.
We are also pleased again this year to have our member eateries provide the festival food.
This year's menu includes
• Crab cakes and seafood from Catonsville Gourmet.
• Funnel cakes and fries from Ships Cafe.
• gourmet pizza from Peace A Pizza.
• Thai dishes from MoMo Thai Food.
• Crab pretzels and smoothies from Cold Drink Systems.
• Hamburgers and hot dogs hot off the grill from Regions.
For your sweet tooth, there will be:
• Fruit delights from Edible Arrangements.
• Hershey's ice cream from You Scream Ice Cream.
• Italian Ice treats from Tropical Ice Dreams.
• Caramel apples and fried oreos from the Eskimo Shack.
Don't miss this most enjoyable day in Catonsville. Come join the fun.
How health-care reform will affect small business
While the health-care reform law, all 2,400-plus pages of it, will take eight years to be fully implemented, some self-employed people and small employers felt the impact almost immediately.