By Julie Baughman, firstname.lastname@example.org
9:20 AM EST, January 25, 2013
Starting Sunday Jan. 27, Catholic schools in Baltimore will again celebrate "Catholic Schools Week," an annual event sponsored by The Archdiocese of Baltimore.
Wendy Cottrell, principal of Our Lady of Victory School on Wilkens Avenue, said that Catholic Schools Week is a great opportunity for Catholic schools to work with the community
"It's a chance to showcase your school and also show appreciation to the many people who make up the school...and the community," Cottrell said.
Archbishop William Lori will visit Mount de Sales Academy Monday morning. The Louisville, Ky., native, who was appointed on March 20,2012, will celebrate Mass, tour the all-girls Catholic high school and meet the students.
The majority of events will take place in the schools for students in kindergarten through eighth grade.
Our Lady of Victory School, St. Agnes School on St. Agnes Lane and St. Mark School on Melvin Avenue will all feature daily events in honor of Catholic Schools Week. Their schedules are below.
Sunday, Jan. 27:
• Our Lady of Victory School: Three Masses throughout the day featuring student participants.
• St. Agnes School: Open house.
• St. Mark School: N/A
Monday, Jan. 28:
• Our Lady of Victory School: Students deliver snacks to firefighters and police in the school district and play lollipop bingo.
• St: Agnes School: N/A
• St. Mark School: Community Day. Students accepting donations for Star of the Sea Catholic School in Atlantic City, N.J., that was affected by Hurricane Sandy.
Tuesday, Jan. 29:
• Our Lady of Victory School: Safety Patrol Appreciation Breakfast and a career day assembly.
• St. Agnes School: Student Appreciation Day. Students will receive a free hot dog lunch.
• St. Mark School: Vocations Day.
• Our Lady of Victory School: Open house. A movie and popcorn offered in the afternoon.
• St. Agnes School: Annual Talent Show featuring student performers.
• St. Mark School: Student day. Students do not have to wear uniforms. Each grade has a different theme for dress. Teachers vs. students volleyball game in the afternoon.
Thursday, Jan. 31:
• Our Lady of Victory School: Spelling Bee for grades one through four and Spanish Bingo for grades five through eight.
• St. Agnes School: Student Service Day. Students will make bagged lunches for Our Daily Bread.
• St. Mark School: Open House.
Friday, Feb. 1:
Our Lady of Victory School: Student/Teacher Appreciation Day. Half day.
St. Agnes School: Teacher Appreciation Day.
St. Mark School: Parent open house. Parents go to classes with their students and participate in special projects.