Submit notices via email:
email@example.com; fax: 410-332-6336; or mail: Northeast Booster Reporter, 501 N. Calvert St., 3rd Floor, Baltimore, MD 21278. Include sponsor or host, date, time, address of event, contact name and phone number. Deadline is noon the Wednesday before publication.
Canticle Singers of Baltimore — is holding auditions for the 2011 season. 410-374-9312.
Hamilton Gallery — 5502 Harford Road is hosting a Sew Fabulous Sewing Workshop, Tuesdays, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Margaret Garland, 443-676-7465 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stamp Out Cancer — sponsored by the B-More Stampers, held at Camp Chapel United Methodist Church, 5000 E. Joppa Road, Perry Hall, a day of stamping and scrapping, Aug. 20, 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. $40 includes make and takes, boxed lunch and donation to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation and the American Cancer Society. email@example.com for a registration form. Nancy Amato, 410-661-4465 or http://www.nancyamato.stampinup.net.
Flea Market — to benefit Parkville American Legion Post Scholarship Fund Sept. 24, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Rain Date: Sept. 25. Vendor space, $10. 410-665-9339.
Carney Assembly of God — 3319 Summit Ave. http://www.Cross connections.webs.com or 410-661-6388.
• "Cross-Connection," a monthly Christian singles group meets first Friday, 7:30 p.m. Music, Bible study, discussion and fellowship.
• Mega Sports Camp for ages 4–13, July 30-Aug. 27, 9 a.m.-noon. Included are basketball, soccer and baseball. Roberta, 410 661-6388.
Faith Walk Assembly Church — 413 Pulaski Highway No. 207, Joppa is hosting a special women's retreat, a day of prayer, miracles and renewal, July 30, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Following the retreat, a women's day service will be held July 31, 10:30 a.m. $25 includes continental breakfast, lunch, refreshments and gifts. 410-967-6331.
Perry Hall United Methodist Church — 9515 Belair Road, Nottingham, hosts Perry Hall Folk Music Night, Aug. 6, 7-10 p.m. Featured performer is Chatham Street, http://www.chathamstreetmusic.com. An open mic event. Admission is free, donations are welcome. 410-529-7176 or firstname.lastname@example.org or http://www.perryhallumc.org/FolkMusicNight.
American Legion Parkville Post 183 — 2301 Putty Hill Ave.
• Balladiers meet first and third Wednesdays, 7:30 p.m. 410-665-0372.
• Ballroom Dancing, Wednesdays, 6:30-9:30 p.m. with live or recorded music. Food and drinks available for purchase. Admission $17, $20 on big band nights. Students $12. 410-665-9339.
Cub Scout Pack 130 — meets at Joppaview Elementary School, is now accepting first- to fifth-graders. Camping, fishing, hiking, archery and more. 410-952-3837 or email@example.com.
Parkville Chapter of the American Sewing Guild — hosts monthly meetings fourth Friday at the Sassy SEWer Sewing Lounge, 9008 Harford Road, Parkville. 410-882-7277 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or http://www.sassysewer.com or http://www.marylandasg.org.
Maryland Chapter of the American Sewing Guild Quilters Group — hosts monthly meetings first Friday at JoAnn Fabrics, 1951 E. Joppa Road, Parkville, 6 p.m. 410-366-6185, Wyatuck2001@yahoo.com or http://www.marylandasg.org.
Bingo — American Legion Post 130, 8666 Silver Lake Drive, Perry Hall, Thursdays, 7-10 p.m. $10 for 27 games. Food and free parking available. 410-870-0625.
SETA — an organization of adults sharing cultural events in a social atmosphere every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. http://www.setarts.com or 410-668-1298 before 10 p.m.
Square Dance Lessons — sponsored by the Dubbin Recreation Council at St. Michael Lutheran Church, 9534 Belair Road, Perry Hall, Thursdays, 7:30-9 p.m. 410-592-8512.
Crab Feast and Bull Roast — sponsored by Knights of Columbus Council 11615, Aug. 28, 1-5 p.m. held at Rosedale Gardens, 8037 Philadelphia Road. $40. Purchase by Aug. 21. No tickets at the door. Walt, 410-866-6546 or http://www.kofc11615.com.
Baltimore County Master Gardener Program — University of Maryland, College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, 1114 Shawan Road, Cockeysville. Classes begin Sept. 9, Fridays, for 10 weeks, 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Kriss Cocoros, 410-771-1934 or email@example.com.
Bull Roast — sponsored by Sparrows Point High School Alumni Association, held at Martins East, 9000 Pulaski Hwy, Oct. 1, 8 p.m.-midnight. Includes full buffet, open bar, money wheel, silent auction and chinese auction. Music by North Point. Pat, 410-335-5707 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Czech and Slovak Language School — accepting registrations for Czech and Slovak language and culture classes that begin on Sept. 10, at the R.W. Gribbin Center, 9317 Belair Road, Perry Hall. 410-243-1710 for registration form or http://www.czslha.org or LHybl@verizon.net.
Outdoor Concert — Jerusalem Mill Village, Gunpowder Falls State Park, 2813 Jerusalem Road, Kingsville, Aug. 7, 6 p.m. with classic rock music of The Great Train Robbery. $7. 410-877-3560 or http://www.jerusalemmill.org.
Linden Bridge Nursery School — 9914 Harford Road as openings for the fall 2011 school year for the 3- and 4 year old classes. 410-668-0230.
Daylily Auction and Sale — sponsored by the Free State Daylily Society, held at McLean's Nursery, 9000 Satyr Hill Road, Parkville, Aug. 6. Plant sale 11 a.m. and auction, 12:30 p.m. Stan Kennedy, 410- 666-2791 or http://www.fsds.info.
Baltimore County Game and Fish Protective Association — 3400 Northwind Road, Carney. 443-695-2565 or 410-477-2863.
• Turkey Shoot, Aug. 7, noon-4 p.m. on club grounds. Prizes include turkey, ham or bacon. $3 per shot. 12-gauge only. Greg, 410-598-4970
• Hunter Safety Classes: Aug. 10, 11, 17 and 18, 7-9:30 p.m. Registration: Aug. 5, 4-6 p.m.
• Hunter Safety Classes: Sept. 14, 15, 21 and 22, 7- 9:30 p.m. Registration: Sept. 9, 4-6 p.m.
Health and Support
Baltimore Cancer Support Group — Conference Center at St. Peter's Lutheran Church, 7910 Belair Road, Thursdays, 7-8:30 p.m. 410-668-1762.
Tai Chi Classes — Babcock Presbyterian Church, 8240 Loch Raven Blvd., Parkville, Thursdays, 8 p.m. 410-296-9497.
Franklin Square Hospital — 9000 Franklin Square Drive, Rosedale. Health Education Center. 443-777-7000.
• Prepared Childbirth Course, Sundays, Aug. 7, 14, 21, and 28, 6-8:30 p.m.
• Prepared Childbirth Weekend Express, Aug. 27, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Breastfeeding: Facts, Myths and Techniques, Aug. 23, 6:30-9 p.m.
• Infant Care and Safety Class, July 28, 6:30-9:30 p.m. Fee.
• Pediatric CPR and Chocking, Aug. 4, 6:30-9:30 p.m.
• Infant/Child CPR and First Aid, Aug. 20, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Stroller Strides, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 9 a.m. Honeygo Regional Park.
Caring Hearts Camp — sponsored by Heartland Hospice Bereavement Program, Patapsco State Park, Glen Artney area Aug. 26, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., for ages 5-15 and their caregivers. A day of healing, learning, nurturing, and fun includes memory crafts, a professional therapeutic story teller, drumming and a butterfly release event. Lunch, drinks and snacks included. Free. To register: Vicki Fearey, 410-719-8670.
Rosedale Library — offers the following at 6105 Kenwood Ave. 410-887-0512. Registration required.
• Baby Boosters, ages up to 23 months, Mondays, 10:30 a.m. Stories, music, movement and rhymes.
• Toddler Story Time, ages 2-3 years, Tuesdays, 10:30 a.m. Stories, music and movement activities.
• 4 Youth by Youth, ages 11-17, Tuesdays, 3:30-5 p.m. Learn about community outreach, getting ready for college, etc.
• Video Games for Teens, Thursdays, 3-4 p.m. Play Wii and Xbox 360 games. Registration required.
• Preschool Story Time, ages 2-5 years, Fridays, 10:30 a.m. Stories, activities and songs.
• Introduction to Email, age 13 and older. Call to schedule a one-on-one appointment.
• Computer Know-How, age 13 and up, Aug. 3, 9 a.m. registration required.
White Marsh Library — offers the following at 8133 Sandpiper Circle. 410-887-5097.
• Baby Boosters, for up to 23 months, Thursdays, 9:30 and 10:30 a.m. Stories, music, movement and rhymes. Registration required.
• Preschool Story Time, ages 2-5, Tuesdays, 10:30 a.m. Reading stories, activities and songs.
• Small Businesses, Big Ideas, Aug. 3. Learn about business plan development, marketing, loan preparation and minority business enterprise. Individual sessions offered at 10 a.m., 11 a.m., noon or 1 p.m. Registration is required.
Parkville Library — offers the following at 9509 Harford Road, Parkville. 410-887-5353.
• Preschool Story Time, ages 2-5, Thursdays, 9:30 a.m. Stories, activities and songs.
• Baby Boosters, ages up to 23 months, Mondays, 9:30 a.m. Stories, music, movement and rhymes. Registration required.
Perry Hall Library — offers the following at 9685 Honeygo Blvd., Perry Hall. 410-887-5195.
• Baby Boosters, for up to 23 months, Tuesdays, 9:30 and 10:30 a.m. Stories, music, movement and rhymes. Registration required.
• Preschool Story Time, ages 2-5, Wednesdays, 10:30 a.m. Stories, activities and songs.
• Toddler Story Time, ages 2-3, Thursdays, 9:30 and 10:30 a.m. Stories, music and movement activities. Registration required.
• Treasure Island, all ages, July 28, 2 p.m. presented by the Rainbow Company. Live, interactive presentation of Long John Silver.
• Coffee and conversation, Aug. 5, 10 a.m.
Rosedale Recreation and Parks Council — 8200 Old Philadelphia Road, Rosedale. 410-887-0294.
• Red Cross Weekday Swim program, mail-in only registration. Call weekdays 9 a.m.-2 p.m. for details.
• Martial Arts and Fitness, McCormick Elementary School, 5101 Hazelwood Ave., weekdays, 5:30-8:30 p.m. $35 per month.
Holt Park — 34 Elmont Ave. offers programs through the Overlea-Fullerton Recreation Council. Registration required. 410-887-5307.
• The Natural World of Art, age 5 and older, Wednesdays, 6:30-7:30 p.m. $2.
• Creative Clay, all ages, Fridays, 6:30-8 p.m. $10.
• Open Nature Cabin, Tuesdays, 4-7 p.m. and first Sunday, 1-5 p.m. with a special activity. Free.
Marshy Point Nature Center — 7130 Marshy Point Road, Middle River, 410 887-2817 or http://www.marshypoint.org.
• Eagle Watch Workboat Trip, July 30, 10 a.m.-noon. Look for ospreys, eagles, and herons. $7.
• Forest Animals and Their Tracks, July 31, 2-4 p.m. Decipher tracks and make a plaster cast.
• Movie Night, Aug. 5, 7 p.m. "Gnomeo and Juliet" Movie is free. Snacks avavilable for $3.
• Skills of the Colonial Chesapeake, Aug. 6, 9–11 a.m. Learn about flint and steel, traps, fishing and hunting and try some of those skills. Aug. 7, 2–4 p.m.
• Story Time with Timothy Turtle. Learn about sea turtles in the Bay, Aug. 14, 9 a.m. Snack provided. $2.
• Full Moon Canoe Trip, Aug. 12, 7–9 p.m. Follow the waters of Dundee Creek by moonlight. $7.
• Native Americans of the Bay, Aug. 13, 1-3 p.m. Learn how to make a river cane fishing arrow.
• Reef Ball Fishing at Wilson Point Park, Aug. 14, 8–10 a.m. Learn about fish, fishing, and conservation.
• Second Sundays Birdwalk, Aug. 20, 2-4 p.m.
• Rock and Roll, Aug. 21, 2-3:30 p.m. Learn about the geology of the bay.
• Chesapeake Bay Pirates, Aug. 22, 11 a.m.-noon.
Mordecai Gist Public School — Class of 1961 is looking for classmates to celebrate a 50-year reunion. For anyone who graduated or attended School No. 69. Barbra Katz Rosenberg, email@example.com.
Perry Hall High School — Class of 1986 is looking for classmates to celebrate a 25-year reunion, Nov. 5. 410-935-9292 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eastern High School — Class of 1961, 50-year reunion, Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, Sept. 24, 1 p.m. Lois Krupinsky, 410-833-8269 or email@example.com.
Oblate Sisters of Providence — Homecoming Aug. 7, noon, Mount Providence, 701 Gun Road, Arbutus for anyone who attended Oblate schools or programs. Guests welcome. Dinner $10. 410-536-5687 or http://www.oblatesisters.com.
Senior Box Office — a volunteer program of the Baltimore County Department of Aging to provide complimentary or reduced rate tickets to members for events in the Baltimore metropolitan area, ranging from musicals to museums. Membership enrollment period runs until Aug. 30 for Baltimore County residents age 60 and older. $30 a year per household. http://www.seniorboxoffice.org or 410-887-5399.
Seven Oaks Senior Center — 9210 Seven Courts Drive, offers the following. 410-887-5192. Sign up at the front desk.
• Know your rights and responsibilities, Aug. 3, 1 p.m. A discussion about discrimination. Sign up by Aug. 1.
• Skin cancer awareness talk and screening, Aug. 5, 10 a.m. Sign up by Aug. 3.
• The four agreements, Aug. 8, 11 a.m. Four commitments we can make to bring increased clarity to life.
• Old bag auction and lunch, Aug. 9, noon. Lunch followed by a live auction of handbags filled with hidden treasures. $5. Sign up by Aug. 4.
• Leg strength and balance, Aug. 15, 1 p.m. Learn to increase strength and balance to better protect yourself against falls. Sign up by Aug. 11.
• Financial talk, Aug. 16, 11 a.m. Discuss ways to get back onto the road of financial recovery. Sign up by Aug. 12.
• Presentation: Dealing With Change, Aug. 16, 1 p.m. Sign up by Aug. 12.
• Presentation: Living And Learning Through Loss, Aug. 18, 11 a.m. Sign up by Aug. 16.
• Stroke Smarts, Aug. 19, 11 a.m. Interactive, educational session with a rehab therapist. Sign up by Aug. 17.
• Drums Alive Demonstration, Aug. 19, 2 p.m. Learn about a 10-week class that will be offered in the fall. Sign up by Aug. 17.
• Presentation: Emotional Intelligence, Aug. 23, 1 p.m. Teach and sharpen skills that are helpful to ones self, dealing with others, and working with groups, both personally and professionally. Sign up by Aug. 19.
• Stress Management, Aug. 24, 10:45 a.m. Learn ways to identify, and cope with stress in a positive and healthy way. No RSVP needed.
• Crab Feast, Aug. 26, 5-8 p.m. $28 members, $30 nonmembers. Sign up by Aug. 12.
• Vertigo and dizziness, Aug. 30, 11 a.m. Causes, symptoms, and treatment options. Sign up by Aug. 26.
Overlea-Fullerton Senior Center — 4314 Fullerton Ave. offers the following. 410-887-5220.
• Emotional Safety: Reclaiming Your Power, Aug. 3, 11 a.m. Presented by Susan Parks of PEERS.
• Stress Management, Aug. 9, 1:30 p.m. Presented by Kristin Scilipoti from Franklin Square Hospital.
• Osteoporosis, Aug. 16, 1:30 p.m. Presented by Karen Kansler from Good Samaritan Hospital.
• Energy Conservation, Aug. 31, 11 a.m. Presented by Sherry Kolbe from BCDA, RSVP.
• Bus Trip: Fisherman's Crab Deck/ Delaware Park Races & Casino, Aug. 1. $70. $30 free slot play.
Parkville AARP Chapter 3090 — meets third Friday, St. John's Lutheran Church is sponsoring the following bus trips.
• Crab Feast served on board the "Dolly Madison", Aug. 23, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. $87. RSVP 410-661-0692.
• The Old Farmers Tea Room, Sept 21. Includes a visit to Stauffer's Cookie Outlet, luncheon and high tea and a stop at Brown's Market. $61. RSVP 410-529-5183.
Rosedale Senior Center — 1208 Neighbors Ave., sponsors a bus trip to Fisherman's Deck and Delaware Park Slots, Aug. 25. $73. 410-887-0233.
The Baltimore County Department of Aging Home Team Program — needs volunteers to assist with shopping, escort trips, homemaker services for elderly homebound people. 410-887-4141 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
World Heritage — a nonprofit student exchange program is seeking volunteers to serve as area representatives in your local community to recruit and screen potential host families, supervise exchange students, organize activities and provide host families, students and schools. 800-888-9040 or email@example.com.
Chesapeake Concert Band — is seeking volunteers musicians, especially brass, clarinets and flutists. The band performs concerts for local civic groups, retirement communities and nursing homes. Rehearsals Wednesdays at Ridgely Middle School, 121 E. Ridgely Road, Lutherville. 410-252-3941.
CASA of Baltimore County — needs volunteer court appointed special advocates and mentors. Must be 21 years old, complete 30 hours of pre-service training, undergo a background check and be willing to make a commitment of at least one year. Male volunteers are especially needed. 410-828-0515 or http://www.casabaltco.org.
Hamilton Arts Collective — needs volunteers to work in the the theater, gallery or any other aspect of HAC. 410-444-4272 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Foster Parents Needed — Caring families and individuals needed to give guidance and stable homes to children and teens. Therapeutic foster parents receive training, financial reimbursement and 24-hour support. KidsPeace, 410-964-9329 or http://www.fostercare.com.
Volunteers Needed to Assist Seniors — needed to help with selecting a prescription plan during Medicare Part D Fall Enrollment from Oct. 15-Dec. 7, 2011. Training classes begin in June. Computer skills required. Contact Baltimore County Senior Health Insurance Assistance Program, 410-887-2059.Copyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun