Several local business are among more than 30 insurance and financial professional firms that will be conducting a clothing drive beginning in September to support four metro area nonprofits.
The drive will focus on collecting gently used and new business attire to assist House of Ruth, Suited to Succeed, Attire for Hire and Maryland New Directions.
Each organization assists with resume writing, interview techniques and also allowing their clients to select the proper business attire for their first interview.
Each of firm will collect men and women's clothing throughout September and distribute the clothes, based on the type of clothing.
Attire for Hire only accepts men's clothing, House of Ruth and Suited to Succeed collect only women's clothing and Maryland New Directions accepts attire for both men and women.
Among the area companies taking part are:
• State Farm Insurance agent Michael Feliz, 1945 Lansdowne Road in Lansdowne
• Friends Insurance, 1055 Ingleside Ave. in Catonsville
• State Farm Insurance agent Paul Funk, 307 Frederick Road in Catonsville
• Perry Kurz Insurance, 3601 Annapolis Road in Lansdowne
• Allstate Insurance agent Andrew Pons, 5406 East Drive in Arbutus
• Harvey O'Riley Insurance, 1012 Ingleside Ave. in Catonsville
• David Smith Associates, 6100 Baltimore National Pike in CatonsvilleCopyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun