By Lauren Rosenberg, email@example.com
3:01 PM EDT, September 12, 2011
Friday's planned celebration of the former College of Notre Dame of Maryland's designation as Notre Dame of Maryland University has been altered due to the poor weather outlook.
The two planned events open to the public have been reduced to one. Fireworks have been canceled and the picnic, originally scheduled to be held on the athletic fields and lawn, has been moved indoors to the Marian Burk Knott Gymnasium and changed to a University Day Party. The event will run from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
The remaining events, which are for the university community, have been rescheduled as follows:
• the Gibbons Hall Tower of Pancakes breakfast in the Doyle Dining Hall is 8:30-10:30 a.m.
• a University Day Opening Mass in LeClerc Auditorium to celebrate the opening of the 2011-2012 academic year with students, graduates, faculty and staff is 10:30-11:30 a.m.
• a dedication ceremony for the new university in LeClerc Auditorium is noon-1p.m.
• a luncheon in the gym is 1-2 p.m.
• Another breakfast the next morning, Sept. 10, in the Fourier Hall lobby, to welcome Weekend College students is 8-10 a.m.