Those who want to read all about it should spring forth to the Bargain Hunters' Book Fair Bazaar, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, April 28, at Violetville United Methodist Church, 3648 Coolidge Ave. Gently used books, attic treasures, hand crafts and baked goods plus light lunch fare will delight shoppers. Before you head out to page through bargains, call 410-525-3191 or 410-247-3249 for more information.
• Hot coffee, fresh doughnuts and juice will be served 9-10 a.m. Saturday, April 28, in Halethorpe-Relay United Methodist Church, 4513 Ridge Ave. Join friendly members and discover how God's love can spread through a community when people of faith work together. Digest good news at 410-242-5918.
• The United Methodist Men at Halethorpe-Relay United Methodist Church are accepting table reservations for their Mother's Day Flea and Flower Mart on May 12. Indoor seating space available for $15. Call Mike at 410-746-2767 as soon as possible.
• Lansdowne United Methodist Church's annual auction begins 5:30 p.m. Saturday, May 5, at 114 Laverne Ave. The auctioneer's gavel will be heard on bids for a variety of items, including certificates for vendor services, promissory notes and getaways. Light refreshments available. Call 410-242-9156.
• Lansdowne United Methodist hosts free Wednesday suppers, 5-6 p.m., May 9 and 23. Walk in and grab a seat. No tickets or reservations. Seasonal menu. Casual attire. Direct questions to Betty at 410-242-9156.
• Christ United Methodist Church, 2833 Florida Ave., welcomes visitors of all ages to its monthly Family Fun Night. Stop by Friday, May 4 for a light supper at 6:30 p.m. followed by games, music and laughter.
• Christ United also offers a luscious lunch for only $2.50 Friday, May 11, at 12:30 p.m. Margie holds the menu details at 410-789-9544.
• The flea mart crew at Our Saviour Lutheran Church, 141 Lavern Ave., accepts donations for the upcoming sale. If you're making a clean sweep and have goods to sell, tell Pastor Kristi Kunkle, 410-242-2141.
• "Heroines of Biblical History," an 8-week Bible study for women, is underway in the Church of the Ascension Parish Center, 4603 Poplar Ave., from 7-8:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Registration is required.
Email AscensionWomenBibleStudy@gmail.com or Amy Shemenski at 410-744-6107.
• The "Life in the Spirit" series is an ongoing Christian growth seminar, presented Fridays at 7 p.m. in Our Lady of Victory Catholic Church, 4414 Wilkens Ave. If you seek a closer relationship with the Lord, call Pat O'Connor at 410-525-2120 or the church office, 410-242-0131.
• Expand your culinary repertoire by purchasing a St. Clement Sodality cookbook, brimming with good cooks' favorite recipes. This perfect Mother's Day gift costs only $15. Pick one up after Mass at 2700 Washington Ave. Call 410-242-1025 for a Mass schedule.
• Hot coffee and a Bible study with Deacon Paul are Thursday morning wake-ups in St. Clement parish house. Join him by 8:30 a.m.
Call 410-242-1025 for chapter and verse.Copyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun