Begin your pilgrimage in one of these welcoming churches:
• Arbutus United Methodist Church, 1201 Maple Ave. Communion hours are scheduled for 10 a.m and 7 p.m. Access by elevator for those with physical challenges.
• Christ United Methodist Church's Communion hour begins at 7 p.m., 2833 Florida Ave.
• Church of the Ascension, 4600 Poplar Ave., offers 9 a.m. and noon Scripture services with ash distributions and a 7 p.m. Mass of Remembrance.
• Halethorpe-Relay United Methodist Church, 4513 Ridge Ave. From noon to 3 p.m., the sanctuary remains open for prayer, personal Communion and quiet reflection. Greeters assist. A 7:30 p.m. family hour includes Communion.
• Our Lady of Victory Catholic Church, 4414 Wilkens Ave., scheduled noon and 7 p.m. Masses. Ashes available.
• Our Savior Lutheran Church, 144 Laverne Ave., invites the community to step inside for 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. remembrance worships.
• St. Clement Catholic Church, 2700 Washington Ave., hosts an 8 a.m. Mass with a Miraculous Medal Novena plus a 7 p.m. Mass with ash distribution.
Roast pork, potatoes with gravy, sauerkraut, beans, applesauce, beets, biscuits and desserts are on the menu from 3:30-7 p.m. Saturday, March 10, Lansdowne United Methodist Church, 114 Laverne Ave. Baked goods sold separately. At the door: adults-carryouts, $10; ages 6-12, $5; free to younger guests.
For details, call Virginia Mullins at 410-242-3039.
Shrimp and bull roast fans welcomed 7-11 p.m. Saturday, March 17, in Our Lady of Victory Church's hall. Tickets $45. Silent auction, wheels, raffles and music plus a banquet of delicacies included.