Shrove Tuesday feasts continue the tradition of days when devout Christians purged their larders of fats and sweets to prepare for the dietary restrictions of the Lenten season.
Savor the delicious fare on Feb. 12, the day before Ash Wednesday, at:
• Arbutus United Methodist Church's chefs dish up hotcakes, breakfast meats, hot/cold beverages and camaraderie, 5-7 p.m., at 1201 Maple Ave. Love offerings.
Walk in or call 410-242-9029.
• Lansdowne United Methodist Church, 114 Laverne Ave., serves five varieties of pancakes, scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon, sausage, applesauce and beverages, 3-7 p.m.
At the door costs are $7 for adults and $3 for ages 6-12. Free for younger diners.
Glean tidbits from Betty, 410-242-9156.
• Our Lady of Victory Catholic Church, 4414 Wilkens Ave., dishes up fluffy pancakes, sausage and hot/cold beverages, 6-8 p.m. Arts and crafts, face painting and raffles included. Adults pay $6; children, $4 at the door.
• Halethorpe-Relay United Methodist Church's pancake lovers sit down at 6:15 p.m., 4513 Ridge Ave., to savor a supper that also features bacon, sausage, juices and hot drinks. Freewill offerings. All ages. Fun for little ones follows the meal.
Menu available at 410-242-5918.
• St. Stephen Lutheran Church's hotcake experts flip appetizing ones 4-6 p.m. at 901 Courtney Road. Seasoned side dishes plus drinks satiate hunger, too. Freewill offerings. Sign-ups preferred.
• Hope Presbyterian Church's cooking crew is known for its luscious and innovative egg dishes, along with feather-light pancakes. Dine with them, 5-8 p.m., at 4718 Shelbourne Road. Walk-in. Love offerings accepted.
On Ash Wednesday
• Halethorpe-Relay United Methodist Church's sanctuary remains open, noon to 3 p.m., for passersby. Private Communion, quiet reflection. At 7:30 p.m., Communion and ash distributions for all ages.
• The Communion hour begins at 7 p.m. at Christ United Methodist Church, 2833 Florida Ave.