After a politically stormy off-season, the return of "House of Cards" to Maryland becomes a reality with casting call notices like this one going out.
Here's part of the notice SAG-AFTRA members in this region received.
Note the role of NSA director; the NSA would be a nice storyline in Season 3, wouldn't it?
- 'House of Cards' -- Inside Season 2 [Pictures]
- How the 'House of Cards' film tax credit shrank
- Hollywood in Baltimore Map
- 'House of Cards' Season 2 recaps [Pictures]
- 'House of Cards' filming in Maryland [Pictures]
- "House of Cards" getting back to business
- VIDEO: Zurawik on tax credits and production of the 'House of Cards'
There are also roles for two reporters -- ages 35 to 55. Is the mainstream media going to be back for more of a pounding by showrunner and former Howard Dean staffer Beau Willimon?
Anyway, here's the notice:
Kimberly Skyrme Casting (email address at end of post) is seeking talent for House of Cards Season 3
When: Shooting availability: June 12 -July 15, 2014
Audition Availability: Please select top 3 choices to Kimberly Skyrme Casting.
10:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Monday, May 19 (every 20 minutes)
10 a.m.-6 p.m., Tuesday, May 20 (every 15 minutes)
10 a.m.-4 p.m., Wednesday, May 21 (every 15 minutes)
Seeking performers able to portray the following:
· ER DOCTOR: MALE or FEMALE: 38-43, harried and tired
· REPORTER-SUSAN: FEMALE: 35-55 years old, open ethnicity
· REPORTER-GEOFF: MALE: 35-55 years old, open ethnicity
· PHOTOGRAPHER: MALE: 42-48 years old, open ethnicity. Photography experience essential.
· COLONEL: MALE: 50-60 years old, open ethnicity, military
· NSA DIRECTOR: MALE or FEMALE: 45-55 years old, open ethnicity
· CHAIRMAN: MALE: 50-60 years old, part of senate
· SENATOR TORN: MALE: 58-62 years old, Southern senator
· SENATOR EVERETT: FEMALE: 45-55 years old, academic
· DETECTIVE SMITH: MALE: 35-48 years old, open ethnicity, blue collar.
· BETTE: FEMALE: 32-36 years old , open ethnicity, good with hands, smart, pretty, capable
Please be selective and submit for each role that you feel you are suitable for. You must send one submission per role. Include the following subject line for your email: “HOC3: 301 & 302 - ROLE: insert role TALENT NAME: insert name”
Kimberly Skyrme Casting will search the e-mails submissions based on the subject line so PLEASE follow the instructions properly. For consideration, please email KimberlySkyrmeCastingHOC@gmail.com.