UPDATE 9:50 a.m. Friday: A couple of hours after I posted this Thursday, the video went private. I asked ESPN for help in getting a video readers could access. This morning, ESPN sent a version you can now play.
ESPN has a lot riding on the addition of Ray Lewis to its NFL football package.
- ESPN makes it official, announcing Ray Lewis hire
- Ravens who have moved to the broadcast booth [Pictures]
- Ray Lewis' Owings Mills home for sale - again [Pictures]
- Ravens preseason opener against San Francisco 49ers [Pictures]
- 2014 Ravens cheerleaders [Pictures]
- Ravens training camp [Pictures]
See more photos »
And there's no guarantee the great linebacker is even going to be a good TV performer.
But the sports channel started the launch today with a winning promo.
The channel is selling "passion" with Lewis, and that can be a tricky deal, because sometimes passion plays too hot on what has been called a cool medium.
I can't wait to see Lewis on his opening day.
Check out the video. And tell me if you don't smile at the "Ray arrives in Baltimore" sequence.