Robin Thicke, MGMT and Vampire Weekend will be among the headliners at this year’s Virgin Mobile FreeFest, organizers announced Monday.
Names of the top acts were set to be revealed on a wall mural on the Sasha Bruce RE*Generation House homeless youth shelter in Washington. The shelter is the primary beneficiary of this year’s proceeds and was built from the proceeds of earlier festivals.
The Virgin Mobile FreeFest, billed as the largest free music festival in the country, will be held Saturday, Sept. 21 at Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia.
- 2013 Virgin Mobile FreeFest lineup [Pictures]
- Virgin Mobile FreeFest has another solid lineup, but where's the rap?
- Album review: Robin Thicke's 'Blurred Lines'
- Virgin Festivals through the years [Pictures]
- Beauties of Virgin Mobile FreeFest [Pictures]
- Merriweather Post Pavilion schedule 2013 [Pictures]
See more photos »
On two main stages will be: Vampire Weekend, the Avett Brothers, Pretty Lights, Robin Thicke, MGMT, Kaskade, City and Colour, Icona Pop, CHVRCHES, The Knocks, Black Joe Lewis, Sky Ferreira and Little Green Cars.
Another stage, dubbed the Dance Forest, will feature Madeon, Gareth Emery, Washed Out, Manufactured Superstars, Congorock, TJR and Ghost Beach.
Tickets will become available at ticketfly.com at noon Aug. 9. Last year, some 50,000 tickets were claimed within minutes of becoming available.