Influential alt-rockers Jane's Addiction and punk-rock vets Rise Against will headline the Shindig Music Festival on Sept. 27. Like last year, the all-day festival will take place at Baltimore's Carroll Park.
Other acts scheduled to perform include Gogol Bordello, Clutch, Fishbone, Halestorm, Lucero, J. Roddy Walston and the Business, Larry and His Flask, The Mahones, The Bots, Charm City Devils, Bad Seed Rising and one more local artist still to be announced.
An "early bird presale" will take place April 1-3, with a general admission price set at $50 and $150 for VIP. General public sale ($60 for general admission, $165 for VIP) begins April 4, through missiontix.com. (After Aug. 16, general admission price increases to $70.) Passes — with only a $3 service fee per ticket — will also be available for purchase at Sound Garden, the Fells Point record store.
According to the Shindig website, VIP ticket-holders will receive:
• One parking space closest to festival grounds
• Separate VIP entrance upon arrival
• Exclusive entry into two VIP areas and lounges
• Exclusive discounts on premium food & drinks
• Exclusive access to two elevated covered viewing decks (one at each stage)
• Air-conditioned restrooms
• Relaxed cushioned seating areas
• Food and drink servers
• Complimentary bottled water
• Complimentary photos of you and your friends from festival VIP photographer
• The Shindig Festival T-shirt
• The Shindig commemorative VIP laminate
• Goodie bag
The first Shindig Music Festival took place last year, and featured Dropkick Murphys, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, The Gaslight Anthem, Clutch, The Hold Steady, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones and more.
This year, gates will open at noon. Music kicks off at 12:30 p.m. and ends at 11 p.m. For more information, go to theshindigbaltimore.com.Copyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun