Fans of the ABC Family series "Pretty Little Liars" took to Twitter in droves to discuss the summer finale, making the drama the most-tweeted-about TV show of the week, according to Nielsen's SocialGuide.
Viewers sent nearly 1.9 million tweets, as they turned to social media to mull plot developments, including a discovery that proves everything they thought they knew about the mysterious character "A" and the "A" Team might be wrong.
According to the network, the episode generated more than 10,000 tweets a minute from about 637,000 contributors, peaking with 70,000 tweets in the show's final minute.
The episode averaged about 3.3 million viewers, according to Nielsen.
"Pretty Little Liars" bested WWE wrestling and the much-discussed reality show "Duck Dynasty" for the week of Aug. 26 to Sept. 1, according to SocialGuide, which measures Twitter discussions about TV programs.
This week's top 10 rankings are as follows:
- "Pretty Little Liars" (ABC Family), Tuesday, 1,892,028 tweets
- "WWE Monday Night RAW" (USA), Monday, 174,040 tweets
- "Breaking Bad" (AMC), Sunday, 138,699 tweets
- "Big Brother" (CBS), Thursday, 113,511 tweets
- "America’s Got Talent" (NBC), Wednesday, 81,186 tweets
- "Bad Girls Club: Miami" (Oxygen), Tuesday, 75,472 tweets
- "Big Brother" (CBS), Sunday, 72,513 tweets
- "Duck Dynasty" (A&E), Wednesday, 68,275 tweets
- "America’s Got Talent" (NBC), Tuesday, 67,000 tweets
- "Big Brother" (CBS), Wednesday, 63,979 tweets
Copyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun