The 71st Annual Golden Globe Awards on NBC inspired nearly 2.4 million tweets that reached an online Twitter audience of 10.4 million people, according to Nielsen SocialGuide.
The moments that drove the most conversation were "Breaking Bad's" win for best television drama, and the best dramatic actor award presented to the series' star, Bryan Cranston, according to Twitter.
The celebrities garnering the most mentions were Jennifer Lawrence, who won best supporting actress for her role in "American Hustle," Jared Leto, who took home the best supporting actor trophy for "Dallas Buyers Club," and host Poehler, who kissed U2's Bono before taking the stage to claim her trophy for best actress in a TV comedy series, "Parks and Recreation."
The second-most Tweeted-about TV event of the week was the People's Choice Awards, which produced some 2 million tweets that reached a Twitter audience of more than 8 million users.
Nielsen SocialGuide develops its Twitter TV ranking by capturing relevant tweets during an episode's airing, as well as three hours before and after the initial broadcast. It ranks prime-time shows but excludes sports events.
The top 10 Twitter TV shows for the week of Jan. 6 are:
- The 71st Annual Golden Globe Awards (NBC), Sunday, unique audience, 10,437,000; tweets, 2,359,200
- The 40th Annual People’s Choice Awards (CBS), Wednesday, unique audience, 8,124,400; tweets, 1,995,500
- Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family), Tuesday, unique audience, 6,901,200; tweets: 1,335,400
- The Bachelor (ABC), Monday, unique audience, 5,876,700; tweets, 434,600
- Teen Wolf (MTV), Monday, unique audience, 5,061,000; tweets, 920,600
- American Horror Story: Coven (FX), Wednesday, unique audience, 3,384,000; tweets: 206,300
- Ravenswood (ABC Family), Tuesday, unique audience, 2,734,600; tweets: 181,200
- WWE Monday Night RAW (USA), Monday, unique audience, 2,130,500; tweets, 226,100
- Being Mary Jane (BET), Tuesday, unique audience, 1,707,300; tweets: 244,400
- True Detective (HBO), Sunday, unique audience, 1,659,600; tweets, 27,800
ALSO:Copyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun