1. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson ($14.95)
2. Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout ($14)
3. The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery ($15)
4. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows ($14)
5. Push by Sapphire ($13)
6. The Road by Cormac McCarthy ($14.95)
7. Precious (movie tie-in) by Sapphire ($13)
8. The Private Patient by P. D. James
9. The Piano Teacher by Janice Y. K. Lee
10. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein ($14.99)
1. The Blind Side by Michael Lewis ($13.95)
2. Blink by Malcolm Gladwell ($15.99)
3. L.A. Bizarro by Anthony Lovett and Matt Maranian ($19.95)
4. Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin ($15)
5. The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle ($14)
6. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert ($15)
7. Our Choice by Al Gore ($26.99)
8. Julie & Julia by Julie Powell ($14.99)
9. My Life in France by Julia Child with Alex Prud'homme ($15)
10. Clean Energy Common Sense by Frances Beinecke and Bob Deans
Rankings are based on a Times poll of Southland bookstores.
Los Angeles Times bestsellers for Dec. 6, 2009
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.
The Baltimore Sun encourages civil dialogue related to our stories; you must register and log-in to our site in order to participate. We reserve the right to remove any user and to delete comments that violate our Terms of Service. By commenting, you agree to these terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.