Zhongshan is welcoming the Year of the Dragon with a 12-course Chinese New Year Menu. The new year begins on Jan. 23, but the special menu, which is served as a table banquet, is available at the downtown restaurant now through Feb. 3.
The 12-course New Year menu at Zhongshan serves up to 10 people. The cost is $350 table including tax. An 18 percent gratuity will be added. Reservations should be made at least 24 hours in advance.
The feast is worth rounding up friends for.
- Assorted cold dishes of sliced beef, roast duck, barbecue pork and jellyfish
- Seafood soup with tofu
- Fried snow crab claw wrapped in shrimp paste
- Sauteed seafood with snow peas
- Chinese fried chicken
- Twin lobsters with onion and scallion
- Baby bok choy with shiitake mushroom
- Walnut shrimp
- Fish fillet with creamed corn
- House special fried rice
- Chinese cookie
- Season fried fruit
Zhongshan is at 323 Park Avenue. For information call 410-223-1881 or go to zhongshanrestaurantbaltimore.com