Baltimore late-night food [Pictures]
It's late -- or early, depending on your perspective -- on a Friday or Saturday and, for whatever reason, you're still awake. And hungry. Whether you've been studying, working or -- gasp -- out at the bars, it's time to get your grub on in the worst way possible. Problem is, it's 2 a.m. or later, and almost every restaurant and carryout is closed. Fortunately, Baltimore does have some options for late-night diners. Sure, there's plenty of pizza and breakfast food -- but Baltimore's late-night culinary tapestry covers a wide range of bases, from Korean barbecue to Mexican fusion crepes.
Here are some solid options to explore in the Baltimore area, some time-tested and some brand new. Go forth and feast, night owls. In the end, your eyes may be bleary, but your stomach will be full.--Evan Siple
Image 6 of 6
Other late night options( Lloyd Fox, Baltimore Sun / September 26, 2006 )
• Cross Street Kabob House, 1101 Light St., Federal Hill, 443-708-5243. crossstreetkabobhouse.com, Open till 3 a.m. Friday-Saturday
You might not have previously considered having a halal goat kabob in lieu of pizza after the bars let out, but Cross Street Kabob House's fresh, tasty meat-on-a-stick dishes might just change your mind.
• Jasa Kabob, 2917 O'Donnell St., Canton, 410-327-7152, jasakabob.com, Open till 2:30 a.m. Thursday-Saturday
This Canton spot, which is BYOB, has a selection of Mediterranean and Indian cuisine.
• Pizan's, 101 York Road, Towson, 410-821-0800, Open till 3 a.m. Friday-Saturday
Family owned Pizan's makes deliveries until 3 a.m. on weekends, featuring a wide variety of specialty pizzas plus wine and beer.
• Never On Sunday, 829 N. Charles St., Mount Vernon, 410-727-7191, Open 9:30 a.m. to 3 a.m. Thursday-Saturday
Never On Sunday's voluminous menu has everything from gyros to breakfast food to fairly top-notch pizza. If you're in Mount Vernon after hours, this is probably the place youll want to go to stuff your face.
• Sabatino's (pictured), 901 Fawn St., Little Italy, 410-727-2667, sabatinos.com, Open till 3 a.m. Friday-Saturday
Craving late-night Italian cuisine that isnt pizza? Sabatinos generously portioned pasta dishes and huge chicken Parmesan platters are available till 3 a.m. on weekends.