"Tips for Tots," as the annual event is known, began in 2006 at the Greene Turtle in Salisbury, when bartender Corlie Brice came up with the idea after arriving for her shift and noticing that a neighboring business had been designated as a Toys for Tots drop-off site. She and another bartender ended up collecting $700 for toy purchases that night.
- Toys for Tots to be collected at state bridges and tunnels
- 2012 Baltimore gift guide [Pictures]
- Baltimore's 100 best restaurants [Pictures]
- Baltimore's 100 best bars [Pictures]
- 2012 Holiday Cookie Recipe Contest winners [Pictures]
- 34th Street holiday lights through the years [Pictures]
See more photos »
The Greene Turtle corporate office is once again adding $500 to the donations for each restaurant that raises a minimum of $1,000 in tips on Dec. 11.
For a list of all Greene Turtle locations participating in Tips for Tots go to thegreeneturtle.com.
Follow Baltimore Diner on Twitter @gorelickingood