No. 100: Woman's Industrial Kitchen
Reviving the historic lunchroom at the Woman's Industrial Exchange sounded like the kind of impossible task issued to heroines in fairy tales, like picking lentils out of the ashes. But Irene Smith, who gained an ardent local following with her Souper Freak food truck, has pulled off a happy ending. The tomato aspic and chicken salad are back.
• Restaurant info.: Woman's Industrial Kitchen
, 333 N. Charles St., Woman's Industrial Exchange, downtown, 410-244-6450, www.womansindustrialkitchen.com (Amy Davis, Baltimore Sun photo /October 19, 2011)
Bourdain is back, James Joyce turns 10, and more upcoming Baltimore dining events:
- James Joyce Irish Pub and Restaurant
is throwing a 10th anniversary party with music by O'Malley's March. The public party starts at 8 p.m., preceded by an invitation-only happy hour at 6 p.m.
- RA Sushi celebrates its 15th anniversary
with a 1990s-themed party. The first RA opened in 1997 in Old Town Scottsdale (Ariz.), and now has 25 locations. The RA Sushi in Harbor East
will donate 15 percent of all of its profits to the Maryland Food Bank, and all guests will get a 15 percent discount. From 7 p.m. to close, the party will feature a selection of '90s-inspired $5 drink specials like Baywatch Punch, Teen Spirit and The Usual Suspects and sushi like the Fresh Prince Roll, the Kramer Roll and the Show Me the Money Roll.
- Anthony Bourdain returns to the Hippodrome, and this time he's working solo. The outspoken chef, author and TV personality brings his Guts & Glory: An Evening with Anthony Bourdain
tour to the Hippodrome's stage at 8 p.m.
- Vino Rosina hosts a seven-course French Underground wine dinner
featuring French wines and cuisine from Devlyn Ray.
-- see which restaurants are serving Thanksgiving dinner
Follow Baltimore Diner on Twitter @gorelickingood