When this event was first announced, it wasn't clear how anyone who wasn't a guest of the resort could subscribe, if at all. But now those details are in.
Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort’s two-week Crab Week celebration will feature a a visit by Bryan Voltaggio, on Saturday, Aug. 27. Up to 18 guests will join Voltaggio for a five-course crab tasting dinner at the Cambridge resort’s Water’s Edge Grill.
In addition to hosting the crab-tasting dinner, Voltaggio will also serve as a celebrity judge of an Iron Chef-style crab competion earlier in the day.
The menu created by Chef Voltaggio includes:
• Blue crab salad with Yellow Doll watermelon, radish, ginger, Cucamelon and avocado
• Sheep’s milk cavatelli pasta with country bacon, foraged Hherbs and flowers
• Soft-shell Crab with Silver Queen corn and “Old Bay” heirloom tomato
• Pineland Farms beef strip loin with fava beans, lobster mushrooms and crab gratin
• Textures of Chocolate: Ganache, chocolate caramel, milk chocolate ice cream, and raw ocrganic cocoa
The price for the five-course dinner and wine pairings is $150 per person, plus 6% sales tax and 18% gratuity. Reservations are limited to 18 guests. To make a reservation, call the Hyatt’s Water’s Edge Grill restaurant at 410-901-6400.
Copyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun