Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are returning to host the Golden Globe Awards in 2014 and 2015. The duo's chemistry and their ability to deliver barbs with a twinkle have made them an awards-show favorite, not just at the Globes but at the Emmys and other telecasts as well.
Here are six memorable Fey and Poehler moments from previous ceremonies:
- While co-presenting at the 2008 Emmy Awards, Fey welcomed viewers around the world in France, Greece and China in their native languages. "And to our enemies on Mars," Poehler said. "Bleep blorp, you are not welcome."
- At this year's Emmy Awards in September, Fey and Poehler heckled host Neil Patrick Harris. "Take your pants off!" Poehler shouted from the audience. "And twerk it!" Fey yelled. "I come to awards shows for the twerking." The pair then stumbled onto the stage, in an homage to Jennifer Lawrence's Oscar-night tumble.
- When Fey won the trophy for outstanding performance in a comedy series at the Screen Actor's Guild Awards in January, she acknowledged Poehler, who was also nominated, as well as a new generation of female performer. "Amy I've known you so long, I've known you since you were pregnant with Lena Dunham," Fey said.
- At the 2013 Golden Globes, Fey and Poehler unfurled some zingers during their monologue. “Kathryn Bigelow’s nominated tonight," Poehler said. "I haven’t really been following the controversy over 'Zero Dark Thirty,' but when it comes to torture, I trust the lady who spent three years married to James Cameron.”
- Also at the 2013 Globes, they acknowledged the stars who were present, and absent. “Meryl Streep is not here tonight," Poehler said. "She has the flu — and I hear she’s amazing in it.”
- Again at the 2013 Globes, Fey gave a nod to the difficult task of hosting an awards show. “Anne Hathaway, you gave a stunning performance in Les Miserables," she said. "I have not seen someone so totally alone and abandoned like that since you were on stage with James Franco at the Oscars.”