So you've decided to stay home for New Year's Eve. No big deal. I've been there. You're not feeling the parties, the fireworks, the hoopla. And you're maybe still recovering from Christmas. We're here for you. Get those pajamas ready and stay away from Ryan Seacrest. Here are 15 great TV options that don't include overblown, loud and obnoxious New Year's Eve party specials or anything related to it (all air on NYE).
1. 'The Walking Dead' (9 a.m. dec. 31-5 a.m. jan. 2, amc)
Conceivably you can watch the entire series run of "The Walking Dead" in three days. And by "conceivably," I mean "you should." I won't judge.
2. 'The Vanilla Ice Project' (5 p.m., DIY)
Something I'm very happy to write: Vanilla Ice builds "a Tiki Island for the mansion's backyard, constructed with help from local Seminole Indians."
3. 'Cheech and Chong's Animated Movie' (6:15 p.m., IFC)
IFC is something of a stoner's dream on Tuesday, starting with Cheech and Chong, moving on to "Half Baked" and "Trapped in the Closet Chapters 1-33," and culminating with "Up in Smoke."
4. 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' mini-marathon (7-10 p.m, Bravo)
Y'all have maybe missed a lot — the Phaedra-Apollo-Kenya Texting Love Triangle is enough drama on its own to fill a full season. Plus, the battle between Mama Joyce and Kandi rages on and Porsha deals with her sad-weird divorce. On the more positive side, there's a road trip to Savannah. What, no ridiculously lavish "Housewives" vacation this season?
5. 'The Twilight Zone' (7:30 p.m., Syfy)
"Time Enough at Last" is the classic episode featuring a book lover (Burgess Meredith) who's the sole survivor of a nuclear holocaust. Syfy's "Twilight Zone" marathon has become a New Year's Eve staple, and this episode is the must-watch.
6. 'A League of Their Own' (7:30 p.m., Sundance)
I still get a little teary when Betty Spaghetti gets the bad news about her husband. P.S.: Did you know that the film was selected for preservation last year in the United States National Film Registry? Because obviously.
7. 'Happy Endings' (8 p.m.-12:30 a.m. Thursday, VH1)
The gone-way-too-soon comedy begins its second-run life. I've missed you guys.
8. Chick Fil-A Bowl: Duke vs. Texas A&M (8 p.m., ESPN)
The tastiest Bowl of 'em all!
9. 'House Hunters' (8 p.m., HGTV)
Native New Yorkers move back home to Westchester County and try really hard to stick to their $700,000 budget in one of the most relatable "House Hunters" of 2013.
10. Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret (8 p.m., Lifetime Movie Network)
Best watched with a bottle of white wine.
11. 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory' (8:30 p.m., ABC Family)
Yes, the 1971 version.
12. 'Up' (8:30 p.m., Disney)
Run down the year on a heart-tugging high note.
13. 'Top 100 Videos of 2013' (final block starts at 9 p.m., BET)
Apparently, 100 music videos were made this year.
14. 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo'
June and Sugar Bear's wedding! It's my second-favorite TV moment of 2013, after Crazy Eyes professing her love for Piper on "Orange is the New Black."
15. 'Cops' (10:30 p.m., Spike)
Drugs are found on a jaywalker in Georgia. The lesson here: Obey crosswalk signs. And, you know, don't do drugs and stuff.