GREAT tunes in this episode! There was classical piano music, there was pulsating synthesizer music, and what else do you need? It would have been cool to have a few classic pop songs like last week when they played Motorhead and Ted Nugent, but I'll take it.
A "Scared Straight" reference
When all the Woodbury refugees are being escorted into the prison, Hershel is standing out there welcoming everyone in, like a greeter at Wal Mart. I thought it would be funny if they were leading all these grandmamas into the prison and then once they got inside it was like "Scared Straight." If Tyreese was like "HOLD MY POCKET, GRANDMAMA!"
Just a few things I want to get off of my chest:
- I liked watching the prisoners pack up all of their belongings. I only wish they had some funnier items. Like Carl could have packed up a bunch of candy and action figures and Hershel could have packed up a pipe and a bunch of issues of Field and Stream magazine.
- Hershel has a cute little ponytail that I like to gaze at in addition to his moustache.
- Again with Lori's ghost? What if it's really her and she never died and everybody's just messing with Rick by pretending they don't see her. That would be screwed up.
- Tyreese is a conscientious objector of the war between the prison and Woodbury.
- It would have been a good bit if they had assailed the prison, and then halfway through they figured out that they were attacking a different prison XD.
- They made a big deal out of showing Daryl's poncho again. We get it, Daryl is a stoner...
- Zombies don't blink, I guess. Because when Milton blinks it seems to be evidence for Andrea that he's not a zombie.
- Michonne tried to seem all aloof toward Andrea, but when Andrea is dying Michonne has a sad (#MEME). It's a lesson that you shouldn't try to swallow your emotions because you might throw them up at some point.
Governor: "You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means? It means that you're alive, it means that you won."
Governor: "She'd be afraid of me, but if I'd been like this from the start she'd be alive today."
Governor: "Your friends at the prison, I'm gonna kill 'em all."
Governor: "And now you're gonna die, and you're gonna turn, and you're gonna tear the flesh from her bones … in this life now, you either kill or you die, or you die and you kill."
Rick: "He's still just a kid, it's easy to forget."
Milton: "And when you get free you are going to find something very sharp and you are going to stab me in the head, that is what you are going to do."
Andrea: "I wanted to save everyone … I didn't want anyone to die."
Milton: "I am still here, I am still alive. You need to hurry…(all creepy and slowed down)"
Carl: "I did what I had to do…now go."
Karen: "He fired on everyone, he killed them all."
Andrea: "No one can make it alone now." Daryl: "I never could." (Aww, Daryl!)
Winner: The Governor