The Baltimore Sun
12:43 PM EDT, September 3, 2013
Known — and adored — as the mustachioed libertarian Ron Swanson of NBC's "Parks and Recreation," Nick Offerman brings his talents and quirk to Baltimore with his show, American Ham with Nancy and Beth, featuring the singing duo of Offerman's wife, Megan Mullally ("Will & Grace") and Stephanie Hunt. Offerman performs at the Modell Performing Arts Center at the Lyric on Sept. 4 and gave us 20 reasons to see his show. You better listen to him.
1. My wife's astonishing singing voice.
2. My wife's classically beautiful face. You will swoon. Ladies too.
3. A story I tell about Elrond's elvish sex life. Racy.
4. Nancy and Beth dance like a couple of tiny white Beyonces.
5. My 10 tips for a prosperous life. Taste the flavor.
6. My wife's chest area. Should count as two reasons.
7. It's a great venue in which to digest your red meat and Scotch.
8. The chance to marvel at my musk. Even in the back row.
9. My wife's bouncing fanny. Worth 20 reasons by itself.
10. The gorgeous close harmonies from Nancy and Beth.
11. Minor nudity!
12. A discussion of the pros of eating Red Meat. No cons.
13. Cautionary tales from an hirsute fellow. (Me)
14. A display of fine American whiskers.
15. Some salty sex talk. Quite descriptive.
17. My wife's dainty feet and also lower back and neck. The whole shebang.
18. You'll have grown tired of the Orioles trouncing the Indians in a three-game sweep.
20. A veritable feast of chuckles. Wear loose pants.
AS TOLD TO DUSTIN LEVY
IF YOU GO
Nick Offerman's American Ham tour stops at 8 Sept. 4 at the Modell Performing Arts Center at the Lyric, 140 W. Mount Royal Ave. Tickets are $34.50. For more information and tickets, go to lyricoperahouse.com. "Parks and Recreation" returns for a sixth season at 8 p.m. Sept. 26.
Copyright © 2013, The Baltimore Sun