Let me explain. We're in the future, which looks to be sometime in 2050 or something. It's vague. it's also a future in which no one ages past 25.
Sound good? If you're rich. See, you can buy time on your life, so you can live forever and look hot at 25. Unless you're poor like Justin Timberlake's character. Then you, well, die. Having your life timeline etched out on your arm is a constant, sad reminder. The working title for this was "I'm.Mortal.," which makes us grateful that there are things such as "working titles."
Other take-aways from the just-released "In Time" trailer.
1. It actually took this long for someone to cast "Mad Men's" unscrupulously douchey Pete Campbell (Vince Kartheiser) as an unscrupulously douchey movie villain?
2. Not sure where Timberlake works here, but it looks to be some sort of 1970s steel mill straight out of "The Deer Hunter."
3. Amanda Seyfried + ginger bob = sort-of works
4. Raise your hand if you thought Olivia Wilde's next role would totally be playing Timberlake's mother. In case you were wondering, in real life she's three years younger than him.
5. Johnny Galecki — for some reason there!
6. In the future, lots of running. And guns.
Enjoy the trailer below!
>p>Copyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun