Robert De Niro dines downtown at Chazz, with Palminteri
Lunch stop at Harbor East restaurant early Saturday afternoon
Chazz Palminteri and Robert De Niro at Palminteri's restaurant Chazz: A Bronx Original in Baltimore. (Courtesy of Edith Williams of Diamond Digital Portraits / December 3, 2011)
- My lunch with Robert De Niro and Chazz Palminteri
- Pictures: 2011 Kennedy Center Honors
- From Sun Magazine: Chazz Palminteri brings rustic Italian style to suburban New York
- Pictures: Chazz a Bronx Original
- Pictures: Chazz Palminteri's house -- exterior shots
- Chazz Palminteri's house details and objects [Pictures]
See more photos »
1415 Aliceanna St, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
De Niro had an early afternoon meal with actor and restaurateur Chazz Palminteri at his six-month old establishment Chazz: A Bronx Original in the 1400 block of Aliceanna St., according to restaurant spokeswoman Marianne Ortiz.
De Niro was accompanied by several other guests, she said. He was on his way to Washington for the Kennedy Center Honors, scheduled for Sunday.
Also present for the meal were Sergio and Alessandro Vitale, who run the business with Palminteri.
"The group enjoyed a signature veal meatball appetizer with fresh whipped ricotta cheese, a pizza made with the restaurant's burrata cheese, a caprese salad, penne with blackened chicken, and enjoyed a few homemade desserts," Ortiz said in a statement.
De Niro directed and co-starred with Palminteri in the 1993 motion picture "A Bronx Tale," which Palminteri wrote and based on his youth.
They've remained friends, Ortiz said.