22. Facing lawsuit, Ottobar holds benefit: One of the too-few cases of a club owner taking responsibility for an unfortunate incident and turning it into a positive fundraiser.
21. Concert Review: Black Eyed Peas at Verizon Center
20. Rumors: HFStival to return to Merriweather: rumors begin...
19. Third Eye Blind, Billy Idol to headline HFstival: and then they are confirmed.
18. Insubordination Fest pits promoter, fans against Sonar: Chaos erupted at the two-day festival; the post was one of the most commented of the year.
17. Minus5 ice bar & lounge coming to Power Plant Live: A cool idea which didn't last the fall.
16. 2010 Virgin Mobile FreeFest line-up announced
15. Baltimore's best places to watch the fireworks on July 4:
14. Liquor board finds Bourbon Street not guilty
13. Virgin Mobile FreeFest 2010: What bands would you like to see? Nearly 200 people answered.
12. Confirmed: HFStival to return to Merriweather Post Pavilion: '90s music lovers let out a collective sigh of boredom at this aging, largely irrelevant lineup.
11. 1st Mariner Arena named best arena of its size in the U.S.
10. Lingerie football is coming to Baltimore: There's no shame in traffic bait.
9. Woman mistaken for Justin Bieber: a dumb person brings TMZ to Ocean City
8. Concert Review: John Mayer at Verizon Center: Contributor Patrick Gaven reviewed the show, where Jennifer Aniston was not mentioned once.
7. Virgin Mobile FreeFest to return to Merriweather
6. Brewer's Art will can Resurrection Ale in May
5. Concert review: George Strait, Reba McEntire, and Lee Ann Womack at 1st Mariner: Beating Gaga, Bieber, even the Black Eyed Peas as the most read review of the year on Midnight Sun.
4. The Bros Icing Bros post: in which Midnight Sun put to the test an Internet fad. Hilarity ensued.
3. Racially charged sign posted outside Sid's Tavern: The bizarre story of Sid's Tavern. Sessa got a tip at 10 p.m. one weeknight about this, and sprung to action! Justice was eventually served, depending on who you ask.
2. Introducing Tiki Barge, South Baltimore's new tiki bar: Popular thanks to thousands of Google searches from people wondering "Where/what the heck is this place?"
1. Pickled Parrot Owner arrested: a short item on a drunken brawl in Canton ends up generating a big debate over the bar, crime, and the neighborhood, which nicely sums up several of the interests of Midnight Sun. It was also the most read post of the entire year.
*Having said that - much like Bea Arthur Mountains Pizza, football lingerie and Justin Bieber sounds like a great tumblr.
Midnight Sun's 50 most read posts of 2010
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.
The Baltimore Sun encourages civil dialogue related to our stories; you must register and log-in to our site in order to participate. We reserve the right to remove any user and to delete comments that violate our Terms of Service. By commenting, you agree to these terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.